ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Sub / Amp 1999 Clio

1999 Clio 1.2
Hi,

I am looking for a guide or tutorial for fitting a sub and amp to my 1999 clio. I notice there is a guide section on this forums but it seems to be locked!

I have had some mad quotes for fitting recently so thought that if I took my time and read quite a bit before hand that I would have a go myself.

Does anybody have an experiences or words or advice for or against having a go yourself.

Really appreciate any help and advice anyone can offer

Cheers
Josh

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
you wont be able to see anything in there unless your a member.

its quite easy to do jus have to lift the rubber seal up and try and pop the plastic up abit and put the wires under it and undo the seatbelt bolt so you can get the wires past it. also your going to have to make a whole or find a way of geting the power wire from the engine bay to inside of the car.

also make sure you run the remote wire and the wire that goes from the back of the headunit to the amp down one side of the car and the power wire down the other side.

ive done it 2/3times in my own clio and it wasnt that hard to do.

were abouts are you based?

1999 Clio 1.2
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, Im not sure I follow? rubber seal, wheels? sorry if Im being really thick!

I understand that Im gonna have to get the wires through from the engine bay, is there a rubber grommit or pipe already running through that I could hijack??

Thanks again
Josh

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, Im not sure I follow? rubber seal, wheels? sorry if Im being really thick!

I understand that Im gonna have to get the wires through from the engine bay, is there a rubber grommit or pipe already running through that I could hijack??

Thanks again
Josh
sorry i was thinking of wheels when i was typing, ive edited it now and the rubber seal around the door when you open it.

i made a whole in the metal to get my wire through but my mates brother found a rubber grommit where he put his through, i couldnt find the same one

1999 Clio 1.2
Thats great, cheers mate. You dont happen to know of anywhere on the internet with a general tutorial / guide on fitting subs / amps do you?

Thanks again
Josh

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
sorry dont know were theres tutorials on fitting subs/amps i just knew how to do it as ive been around people that have done it infront of me before. im sure someone on here will know more then me and might be able to help you out

1999 Clio 1.2
Hopefully someone may be able to post me a link to somewhere

Thanks again for your help mate
Josh

1999 Clio 1.2
Hi

Im in southport, its near liverpool. I think your in Leicestershire? Bit far away, how much do you charge out of interest?

Thanks

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
You want to try and get the power cable through the bonnet release cable grommet, do a search on here it has been covered a lot, if it won't go, I drilled a hole in the firewall through to the enine bay and put my own grommet in it. Any other specific questions you need answered?