ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fk, help me :P

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
I sprayed my engine cover, I laqured it. I went back 1.5 hours after spraying and touched it ! It has a big smuge mark on it now and a finger print. /slap myself.

What can I do to fix it? Im out of red spray paint. Only got wet and dry paper, black spray paint, plastic primer and laqure

Thanks !

?
Wait for it to dry completely, then try to wet sand on the finest grade paper you got... you might get lucky and be able to just take it off and relaquer? pics?

Depending on how good a job you did lacquering it, you could lightly sand it flat with some 2000 grit paper wet, then buff it back up with a machine and some polish. Or by hand but it'll take a bit more effort.

Sounds like you did the coats too thick, so they're taking forever to dry.... remember - lots of thin coats!