ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Battery. How long to jump start.

Hi,

The battery in my GF Clio is dead as it hasn't been used in about 5 weeks! I tried to jump start it last night but even after 10 mins of the good car running her car only turned over a few times and didn't start.

Is it likely that the battery is dead? Would it be worth leaving the jump leads on for 30 mins before trying it?

Cheers D

renault clio sport 172
I had a mazda mx-5 and lost the keys. My car was standing for so long everything had seized up. I thought it was the battery because i had to replace if cos the man couldnt re-programme my key without the lights flashing in a certain way. It could be anything but i would try the battery first.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
when my 172 went completly flat it took around 20-25mins to start

www.renparts.co.uk
best to take it for a drive if possible, but if you have a battery completely flat for a period they are usually dead.

Mk1 Clio Turbo
I would just go out and buy a new battery mate, unless you have a mate or someone with a spare kicking about.

Over the weeks the battery’s lost its charge and the cells will be knackered
I could also be wrong though :rasp:.

Cheers for the help. Got a new battery and realised there was also a problem with the imobiliser! Had to put the key in and out a few times before the light went out!

Doh probably didn't need a battery after all LOL although it was also flat.