ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a good clean on Sunday.

Rinsed
Citrus snow foamed
Wheels cleaned with Bright wheels non acidic cleaner
Clayed
2 bucket method (Megs Shampoo +)
SRP'd
EGP'd

Removed the RENAULT and Sport badges.

I removed lots of the stickers at the rear of the car, and took off the H&R ones I had front and back (as they had gone manky) I think it looks a lot tidier TBH.

A pic Matt took of the rattle bus last night.

5529586351_58c0a0415d_z.jpg

I also had confirmation today that my Corbeau Revolution has now been despatched, so should be with me tomorrow :cool: I just need to sort of a Sub-frame for it!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Corbeau Carbon Kevlar Revolution and sidemount arrived today :cool:

A few quick pics of them..

5532407861_6e5dfe579e_z.jpg

5532396991_36c87477f6_z.jpg

5532397425_bb7762f288_z.jpg

Close up of the weave :eek:

5532394109_64cba3c6f1_z.jpg

They're so light, and fit me well. I am very impressed with them.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Corbeau Carbon Kevlar Revolution and sidemount arrived today :cool:

A few quick pics of them..

Close up of the weave :eek:

They're so light, and fit me well. I am very impressed with them.

Looks good mate :)

yea im about whenever to get the recaros in my car, give me a bell did i say im desperate for recaros

EFA ;)

Very pretty indeed, I must come down that way soon and meet up with you guys and get some snaps of the cars!

Sounds good Nick.

Tim should be arranging another SC meet soon.

Nando's! expecting both of you to be there. I'll let Chris off because he'll be hugging his new Recaros somewhere :p

Clio 200 cup
That pic of your bus is top banner material, get on to them fletch ;)

Seats look awsome mate, glad your box is no longer leaking to :)

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! :approve:
:)

Looks good mate :)

EFA ;)

Nando's! expecting both of you to be there. I'll let Chris off because he'll be hugging his new Recaros somewhere :p

haha

That pic of your bus is top banner material, get on to them fletch ;)

Seats look awsome mate, glad your box is no longer leaking to :)

Yeah great picture ;)

I went for a blast with Tim on the way back from the Southampton meet, and had a great drive. The car running very well ATM (touches wood) :approve:

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
They look immense Fletch, we will try our hardest not to scratch them. But what are you gonna do about a passenger seat for all us who want rides ?

Did you get any bolts or screws with them ?

Tim <3

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They look immense Fletch, we will try our hardest not to scratch them. But what are you gonna do about a passenger seat for all us who want rides ?

Did you get any bolts or screws with them ?

Cheers Chris.

I'll have to sort another one out soonish.

Two bolts in each side of the seat, that the sidemouts fix too.

Have you got some bolts for the OMP sub-frames mate?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I have these same seats ready to go into mine, shame mine arent exposed weave like that tho (and like said mine are slightly scratched too), very sexual.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I went for a blast with Tim on the way back from the Southampton meet, and had a great drive. The car running very well ATM (touches wood) :approve:

That was a good drive :)

Think it proved the Megane handles just as well round roundabouts and in the twisties as a 172 on coilovers :race:

Yea il nick some from work mate. Hopefully have my new wheel fitted by the weekend ;)

What wheel have you got Chris?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
OMP targa on order mate !

Just need the resistors form maplins which im hopefully getting 2morrow. What resistance were they again ? we only got 1k at work :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
very nice seats them, get it fitted!

Will do mate.

Yea il nick some from work mate. Hopefully have my new wheel fitted by the weekend ;)

Good stuff Chris

I have these same seats ready to go into mine, shame mine arent exposed weave like that tho (and like said mine are slightly scratched too), very sexual.

Cheers. When are you fitting yours Joah?

That was a good drive :)

Think it proved the Megane handles just as well round roundabouts and in the twisties as a 172 on coilovers :race:

Your R26 does handle well for a big barge Tim.

I had to stop at Shell in Winnall, just after you joined the M3 mate, as I was running very low on fuel..lol

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Your R26 does handle well for a big barge Tim.

I had to stop at Shell in Winnall, just after you joined the M3 mate, as I was running very low on fuel..lol

Hardly a barge it's not much bigger than a 197/200!

Not surprised you were low on fuel think we drove about 30 or 40 miles criss crossing south west Hampshire! Good job I'd already filled up because I averaged 19mpg!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hardly a barge it's not much bigger than a 197/200!

Not surprised you were low on fuel think we drove about 30 or 40 miles criss crossing south west Hampshire! Good job I'd already filled up because I averaged 19mpg!

Well it's a damn sight bigger than my 172! :rasp:

19mpg :eek: Good job V-power is cheap nowadays mate ;)

Petrol Blue 182.
fletch where did you get the seat from? really want a set of these, but £400+ for each side is going to kill me! haha