ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mate iv had the funds since Christmas ! Anyway £350 isnt that much TBH ;)

I might be about Sunday hopefully if you get it out by then but if not i can come get them after work some when next week?

Yeah whenever matey.

I'm glad you're experiencing all this pain with the seats :rasp:

It'll make it so much easier when I come to sort a second seat out if I can tap into some friendly CS 1st hand knowledge.

Yes Mark, hopefully have it all sorted in the next few days. Then I'll be able to offer some sound advice..lol

Good progress Fletch! It all seems to be coming together :)

Yes Olly, getting there now :approve:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
fletch how easy are the recaros to remove? im getting some sparco buckets next week, and will be driving to meet the chap with them fitted, and intending to swap over in services! Im guessing its not too simple??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
fletch how easy are the recaros to remove? im getting some sparco buckets next week, and will be driving to meet the chap with them fitted, and intending to swap over in services! Im guessing its not too simple??

Its 4 nuts per seat dave, and lift them out with everything in place ready to swap. I thought you fitted them?

Maybe soak them in wd40 the night before to make it easier.

Took me 20 mins to swap mine over this morning, just bring a jack + axle stand and i've got all the tools ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
fltch how easy are the recaros to remove? im getting some sparco buckets next week, and will be driving to meet the cahp with them fitted, and intending to swap over in services! Im guessing its not too simple??

Yeah it's quite tricky Dave. You need to jack the car up, so you undo the 4 bolts holding the subframes in place, one was a right b**ch to remove :dapprove:

But it didn't take that long, bar the one stubborn bolt.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Nah chap who had car before me fitted them.

I'll get the passenger one out so it's just drivers to do!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

There are 4 bolts on the underside of the car 2 are covered by rubber bungs and the other 2 have to be accessed through holes in the exhaust heat shield, the one in the middle of the center section is the hardest to get to. I had to cut some cable ties and partially unbolt Fetches exhaust mount then push with my other hand to even get the socket up there.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
They shouldn't be a problem. I'll grab a 13 mm deep socket tomorrow.

I'll attempt to undo all the bolts tomorrow to make sure they are going to come undone ok.

I'm guessing there's 4 bolts per seat.

Cheers for the help and sorry for the hijack :eek:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah 'proper' buckets are great fella :cool:

I think I am going to order a Sabelt cheap 4 point jobbie tonight, so that I can drive the bloody thing soonish!

Thanks for the pics Tim.

*****Todays Progress*****

I have removed all of the interior carpet now, and a load more tar patches (I now have a full carrier bag of heavy tar)

I purchased some more M8 washers to try and adjust the seat, so it sits level but didn't have the time today to fit them. I did adjust the seat, so it sits slighty closer to the pedals/steering wheel.

I have removed the drivers seatbelt too.

Did you just rip the carpet out then?

You sit way too close to the wheel/pedals IMO!!

Yeah just chuck it up a hole front and rear on the left hand side sidemount, will sort your porblems out! Thats how mine was at first, and btw, get rid of the washers on the subframe as thats something not even Failsport would do ;)

p.s. Enquire within should you want some more 'experienced' seat fitters ;)

I suggested adjusting using the sidemount holes but we weren't sure if that would be ok.

No way! lol

I'll have to borrow Tim's Jack again this week. I should have the passenger Recaro out soon, if you've got the funds for them ;)

Do you know which day you're off work yet mate?

We managed to do it so it's not that hard LOL

I did have to show Fletcher how to use a trolley jack though!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Did you just rip the carpet out then?

You sit way too close to the wheel/pedals IMO!!

I suggested adjusting using the sidemount holes but we weren't sure if that would be ok.

Do you know which day you're off work yet mate?

We managed to do it so it's not that hard LOL

I did have to show Fletcher how to use a trolley jack though!

Yes Tim I took a stanley knife to the passenger side, all the carpet is out now!

I like sitting quite close to the wheel/pedals :eek:

looking good

:)

I've now removed the seat again. Tomorrow morning I am going to remove the washers from the subframe, and try re-fit the seat so it sits level.

I have removed some more tar patches too today also :cool:

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo that seat looks lurrrrrrvly.

I remember the days when i was removing the tar on my car, eugh what a ball ache! and removing the glue is an even bigger ball ache!

Looking good tho :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Your really going for it eh mate, door cards next then replace with lovely carbon fibre ?

I got a pop rivet gun to make it look professional ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Your really going for it eh mate, door cards next then replace with lovely carbon fibre ?

I got a pop rivet gun to make it look professional ;)

Yeah I want it nice and light, I've only done 900 miles so far this year, so it doesn't matter how noisy, unpractical and un-comfortable it is/becomes.

I can't weight to take it out for a blast again, hopefully get my snap hooks for the harnesses in the next few days.

I have looked at CF door cards Chris, pop rivet gun sounds good :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
btw, get rid of the washers on the subframe as thats something not even Failsport would do ;)

Ummm, my Bimarco's are propped up by 6 x washers under the OMP subframe (for each seat, gearbox side) :eek:

Tried straightening them up using the side mounts, but i needed the seats reclined further than that would allow.

Looking good btw Fletch. Lolzers at you lot though, more mechanically inept than me ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Ummm, my Bimarco's are propped up by 6 x washers under the OMP subframe (for each seat, gearbox side) :eek:

Tried straightening them up using the side mounts, but i needed the seats reclined further than that would allow.

Looking good btw Fletch. Lolzers at you lot though, more mechanically inept than me ;)

I am woefully bad mechanically mate :dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just spent another couple of hours on the seat.

All of the washers on the subframe have been removed. The seat will not sit level, no matter what I do. So it looks like a Corbeau subframe will have to be ordered :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah that will be coming out too.

Does the gearbox interior cover/ casing just un-clip and pull out?

Yes I think it just pulls off. Pretty much everything on the inside if the car just pulls off. When first bought my car I needed help changing pads and now look at me lol. Best way to learn is to do it your self.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Speak to JMS first they should be able to do a subframe for a decent price.

I might eventually get custom subframes Tim. ATM I just want them fitted so they sit level, and I can drive the car again.

Yes I think it just pulls off. Pretty much everything on the inside if the car just pulls off. When first bought my car I needed help changing pads and now look at me lol. Best way to learn is to do it your self.

Cheers fella. I managed to remove it yesterday just 2 clips holding it in place :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few hours spare yesterday afternoon..

Carrier bag full of removed tar.

5552336769_be35a4d69e_z.jpg

A bit more interior strippage.

5552337089_a481ecb6f7_z.jpg

5552336437_972b807152_z.jpg

How she now looks.

5552335035_e4556ef6c0_z.jpg

Just waiting for my snap hooks and eyebolts to arrive, so I can fit my harnesses

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Fletch thats looking awesome mate, soo jealous of the seats!! Im getting rid of the recaro's tomorrow for some Sparco Evo 2's, bit more everyday friendly than the revolutions

vwseat.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
All of the washers on the subframe have been removed. The seat will not sit level, no matter what I do. So it looks like a Corbeau subframe will have to be ordered :(

You need to raise the inside (gearbox side) by about 2cm. I did this by using 6 x washers (for each hole) between the OMP subframe and the car. Worked fine for me, just keep adding washers until they sit level :)

How are you fitting the harnesses? Mine are clip in ones, so i used the supplied eyebolts in the rear seatbelt buckle mounting point, then a M10 eyebolt for the Isofix hole - ensuring that the harnesses were mounted straight then, not crossed over, etc. Used Scroth mounting points - one on the outer seat belt mount on one side (by the door) and one on the OMP mount in order to atach the harnesses to the front of the car.

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
He's got LUKE ones that should go round a cage. Think he's either getting snap hooks to go with them or a new set of harnesses with snap hooks attached.

This thread makes me what to strip out the Megane :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thought you said the Luke harness didn't fit through those holes?

I gave it another go Tim, and they fitted!

Fletch thats looking awesome mate, soo jealous of the seats!! Im getting rid of the recaro's tomorrow for some Sparco Evo 2's, bit more everyday friendly than the revolutions

Cheers Dave.

Yeah the sparco Evo 2 will be much better in a daily driver.

You need to raise the inside (gearbox side) by about 2cm. I did this by using 6 x washers (for each hole) between the OMP subframe and the car. Worked fine for me, just keep adding washers until they sit level :)

How are you fitting the harnesses? Mine are clip in ones, so i used the supplied eyebolts in the rear seatbelt buckle mounting point, then a M10 eyebolt for the Isofix hole - ensuring that the harnesses were mounted straight then, not crossed over, etc. Used Scroth mounting points - one on the outer seat belt mount on one side (by the door) and one on the OMP mount in order to atach the harnesses to the front of the car.

I've got plenty of M8 washers now.

I bought some 20mm eyebolts to mount the harnesses.

5553636062_6a4758e937_z.jpg

Is this the second fixing point you should use for mounting the harnesses?

5553052267_63f9483e84_z.jpg

He's got LUKE ones that should go round a cage. Think he's either getting snap hooks to go with them or a new set of harnesses with snap hooks attached.

This thread makes me what to strip out the Megane :eek:

Corbeau sent out the wrong snap hooks today.:(

Yeah get the megane stripped out Tim :cool: