ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

big boost cup
I am guessing they're quite a bit lighter then the electric windows/motors.

Well after about 5k and a hard day at Donington the front Hankook RS2s were looking a little worse for wear, and as they now don't make them anymore.... Tonight I hard ordered a set of Toyo R888 :)

You will not want to drive on any thing else whe you get them fitted. i swapped back to the turinis last night and things got a tad twitchy. will you be running these full time ow Fletch

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You will not want to drive on any thing else whe you get them fitted. i swapped back to the turinis last night and things got a tad twitchy. will you be running these full time ow Fletch

Good stuff.

I am going to try and cut down my mileage with these and my DS3000 pads fitted, otherwise it'll cost me a bloody fortune in rubber and discs :dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If i still had the electric mechanisms I would weigh them to see the difference but I dont remember thinking there were much lighter

It would be interested to know the weight TBH.

Just taken the car for a drive for a first time in a while. It goes like stink ATM, and seems to handle better then ever with even more weight taken out of it. Hopefully adjust/lower the coilovers soon, as I haven't touched them stripping the car :)

BMW E36 328
Car seems to be going really well. Have you taken any pics recently? With all this strippage going on hahah :cool:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Good project dude! Although i would be worried your gremlins are uch problems! :(

Don't say UCH problems :(

The 'gremlin' only started when I removed the dash, I noticed a 20 fuse on the floor.

I'm going to book it up with Rentech next week for a check as I am doing Castle Combe on the 10th and Brands Hatch on the 22nd . Fingers crossed it'll all be ok, and I don't have dreaded UCH problems mate :)

53 Clio's & counting
Removed some more sound deading, I've now removed a fair bit of weight over the last week or so, the car feels even more eager now! Now having a few electrical gremlins, the hazards flash when the electric windows are pressed up..lol

Well after the Donington trackday last month my brakes were in need of a change. So I have ordered a set of Ferodo DS3000 and some new compbrake discs. Braking should now be epic, as the DS2500 were brilliant all day long on track.

Cost much dude? Im still toying with what brakes to go for

260% JCW
No fella. End of last year it started to whine, so had that and the clutch changed it had done 129,000 miles mind.

Did you go for a new/2nd hand box or get your old one re-con'd?

I'm still on the original clutch too, can't believe how long its lasted.

53 Clio's & counting
My old car's clutch was on 140k (50,000 hard miles from me, on 195bhp) and was still lasting fine when i sold lol

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Did you go for a new/2nd hand box or get your old one re-con'd?

I'm still on the original clutch too, can't believe how long its lasted.

I had the old box send to Agency transmissions for a re-con. They did a good job apart from forgetting to put any sealant in the box! :rolleyes:

My clutch was still spot on, I only had it changed, as it's makes sense whilst the gearbox is out.

260% JCW
I had the old box send to Agency transmissions for a re-con. They did a good job apart from forgetting to put any sealant in the box! :rolleyes:

My clutch was still spot on, I only had it changed, as it's makes sense whilst the gearbox is out.

FECK......did you have to send it back?

Don't want to ask to many questions but who did you use to send it there and how much did it cost? The box in mine is now like a Wizzards sleeve.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
FECK......did you have to send it back?

Don't want to ask to many questions but who did you use to send it there and how much did it cost? The box in mine is now like a Wizzards sleeve.

Rentech removed and organised a courier for the box, they also rebuild it putting in sealant etc..

If your going to rentech id get them to do the brakes :) gives u more time to bed them in :)

Yeah could do mate. It would be more fun if we changed them on my drive though :rasp:

car looks mint mate

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
We can change your brakes no problem, they'll have enough time to bed before Combe.

I can't do next Sunday though as it's Trax so is Saturday ok?

Are you going to get a passenger seat in time for Brands?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
We can change your brakes no problem, they'll have enough time to bed before Combe.

I can't do next Sunday though as it's Trax so is Saturday ok?

Are you going to get a passenger seat in time for Brands?

Yeah Saturday afternoon should be ok?

I've now spend all my expendable 172 cash on tyres, and brakes mate :dapprove: