ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Liking the Revolutions Fletch. Hopefully the cars back soon. Then you can give me the recaros :)

Hope everything comes together quickly when its fixed can't wait see end result

Thanks fellas.

Chris I need to speak to you about the Recaros soon ;)

Poorly Clio

5390960777_87336595c8_z.jpg

5391566804_4faed2956b_b.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well it turns out the following parts needed replacing/ are broken.

Alternator is fried
Battery too
Aux belt has had better days, so will also be changed.
:(

Just had a new clutch, and gearbox re-con too! The old girl has cost me a lot of money lately. But it has done 130k so I guess I shouldn't grumble too much :)

182 trackday racer
My Revenge 2011 seats have been shipped, can provide some photos next week if you are interested? If you go for Revoultion make sure to get the updated 2011 version.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
*****Quick Update*****

I pick the 172 up tomorrow after having some TLC :) This is the longest I've gone without driving since I've owned it, over 5 years!

Next on the list...

Fit new 3/4 number plate.
Speedline 2118s will hopefully go on next weekend.
Fit Sabelt (cup racer) wheel
Fit New engine mounts.
Remove rear seats

And decide on what exhaust system to fit..Shortlist has now grown..lol

Yozzasport Race system
Oreca grp N
Or de-cat existing system :S

ph1 track weapon
i had the same system as you with a decat and it wasnt that great a sound tbh fletch. i'd go with the oreca!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You will not be disappointed with a yoz. So well designed, I had a race backbox and a stealth. Just switched them when the mood took, 5min job even for a numpty (ie me). Fits like a glove.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You will not be disappointed with a yoz. So well designed, I had a race backbox and a stealth. Just switched them when the mood took, 5min job even for a numpty (ie me). Fits like a glove.

Yes Warren I after seeing this the other day, I was/am very impressed with the build quality of the system.

DSC_0067-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0062-Optimized.jpg

Did you have any probs getting it on track with the race back book fitted?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes Warren I after seeing this the other day, I was/am very impressed with the build quality of the system.

DSC_0067-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0062-Optimized.jpg

Did you have any probs getting it on track with the race back book fitted?

Nope, fine at Bedford ( pretty strict).

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
One of my favourite cars on here... 130k christ...I'm up to 98k and my Alternator is buggered :(

I cant decide whether to just keep it runnig or throw a little money at it and fall back in love like it seems you're doing.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
One of my favourite cars on here... 130k christ...I'm up to 98k and my Alternator is buggered :(

I cant decide whether to just keep it runnig or throw a little money at it and fall back in love like it seems you're doing.

Just had a new alternator (second one) aux belt/battery fitted :(

Keep it mate. Great cars when they work ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup
The quality of that Yoz looks incredible tbh! :approve:

Your exhaust shortlist was near enough the same as mine; I decided to be boring and just de-cat the stealth. :eek: With yours being a weekend/track toy now, I'd be thinking the Yozza or Oreca :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
my 172 is on 123k still going strong :)

where can you buy a yozza stealth system?

123k good going that :cool:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?554856-YS-Exhausts-now-available

The quality of that Yoz looks incredible tbh! :approve:

Your exhaust shortlist was near enough the same as mine; I decided to be boring and just de-cat the stealth. :eek: With yours being a weekend/track toy now, I'd be thinking the Yozza or Oreca :D

TBH I've been very indecisive about what exhaust system to go for next, everyday I change my mind :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
lol! I'm really happy with the de-cat on the stealth, has made a noticeable difference; more than I expected it too tbh.

Glad to hear it mate. TBH I do like the 'stealth' look of the 172.

Oh and you'll love the Jms Inlet manifold fella, I had a blast in Nick's last Saturday. Great bit of kit, a good alternative to ITB's

Ollie's Silver Cup
Glad to hear it mate. TBH I do like the 'stealth' look of the 172.

Oh and you'll love the Jms Inlet manifold fella, I had a blast in Nick's last Saturday. Great bit of kit, a good alternative to ITB's

I like the exhaust hidden behind the bumper too.

I liked the idea of the group N exhaust and raspy note it's known for, however, I'm loving the sound from the de-catted SS stealth.

Good to hear another positive comment/review. I'm really looking forward to getting my RS2. Have you decided which way you're going, I know you mentioned the idea of ITB's a while back? :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I like the exhaust hidden behind the bumper too.

I liked the idea of the group N exhaust and raspy note it's known for, however, I'm loving the sound from the de-catted SS stealth.

Good to hear another positive comment/review. I'm really looking forward to getting my RS2. Have you decided which way you're going, I know you mentioned the idea of ITB's a while back? :)

Still not sure fella. I've love the noise, and looks of ITBs, but was very impressed with the RS2, and for the money it costs you can't go wrong. Definitely on the shortlist now though mind :cool: