ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Finally had a chance to take the 172 out for a B-road blast today. First time in god knows how long :approve::approve::approve:

And fitted the 3/4 plate.

5407290643_7ce888f583.jpg

Post drive pics :eek:

5407291751_90623d4aaf.jpg

5407292199_9681829238.jpg

I've now decided I am going to remove the 'Ghetto fix' splitter (it's been on the front for over 50k!) for either another CF one, or Renault cup splitter, and fit some front silvervisions.

The 2118s are going to stay off the car until the weather picks up.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Looking good mate. It's good to see you've got it back to enjoy again, looking forward to seeing how things progress now :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aren't 2118's heavier than Turinis?

Also, definitely go for a standard Cup splitter mate. The carbon ones look terrible once they get chipped.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy mate! :)

Thanks fella, hopefully bring it to the next SC meet.

Looking good mate. It's good to see you've got it back to enjoy again, looking forward to seeing how things progress now :)

Yeah mate it was nice to drive it in anger again around some B roads yesterday. :)

just read the whole thread now, car is looking lovley mate.

Cheers Gez :cool:

Aren't 2118's heavier than Turinis?

Also, definitely go for a standard Cup splitter mate. The carbon ones look terrible once they get chipped.

No IIRC Speedline 2118s are slightly lighter than a 16'' turini.

Yes you're right about the splitter, although the KTR CF 'effect' splitters do look good when new mind.

Ollie's Silver Cup
The 15" 2118 seemed lighter than the 16" Turini to me.

I actually expected the 2118's to be heavier than they are, given the comments made about their weight.

big boost cup
i want one of them steering wheels so nice. not going to be a daily is it suppose that helps with the choice of zorst in regards with noise. the yozza dose sound and look cool tho, have you not found any one with the oreca one yet?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i want one of them steering wheels so nice. not going to be a daily is it suppose that helps with the choice of zorst in regards with noise. the yozza dose sound and look cool tho, have you not found any one with the oreca one yet?

Yeah Dan has a Oreca grp N system fitted to his Mk2 172.

The thing I prefer about the yozzasport system over the Oreca is that you can add a cat, or stealth back box if need be.

I've not been out in a car with either of the above systems fitted though :(

big boost cup
Yozza it is then they seem to go for good money secondhand. what about your inlets to go with the zorst