ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
^^^LOL mate.

It's not going to be a tarts car, I Will be tracking it this year :cool:

I'll have to have a sit in yours mate. IIRC you're running Corbeau Revolutions aren't you?

I do really like the look of the SPG's (I <3 recaros) but think these Carbon/kevlar Revenge seats look awesome TBH.

You said that last year, maybe even the year before :rolleyes:

130k 172 v R26 will be good fun on track :cool:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^It's a evo Jordi.

MG_6996%20copy.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I agree with Nick on this one Fletch, I would have the revenge seats if it was my car and was going to be using it for track use.

In other words order them now! lol

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Like the Revenge's especially those Carbon Kevlar ones. Look forward to seeing the updates.

Cheers Peter.

I agree with Nick on this one Fletch, I would have the revenge seats if it was my car and was going to be using it for track use.

In other words order them now! lol

I've not got the funds to order them tonight Matt. I bought some brand new 2118's this morning ;)

Oh and on another note mate, what exhaust system are you running, and how loud is it?

And when and where are you doing your first trackday fella?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
lol tut tut, excuses! :dapprove:

I have got a longlife system, on mine with decat, and a center silencer instead of rearbox. Its ok I have done over 1000 miles in the last few weeks and it doesn't drone at low revs or at motorway speed. Its just loud when you put your foot flat to the floor, I have a crappy vid of it somewhere I will post up, but I think it comes in at around 104db ish..... So I am getting a new rear section with a small silencer for track use i think just to be safe.

I can take you out in it when I next see you if you hold out fella :)

I aint sure, i was hoping march but its looking more like april now because my Tax & insurance is due this month etc! and I have a few things to pay next month :( But I will let you know and we can be novices together.

P.s. you best going to SRR even if you dont run your car!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
lol tut tut, excuses! :dapprove:

I have got a longlife system, on mine with decat, and a center silencer instead of rearbox. Its ok I have done over 1000 miles in the last few weeks and it doesn't drone at low revs or at motorway speed. Its just loud when you put your foot flat to the floor, I have a crappy vid of it somewhere I will post up, but I think it comes in at around 104db ish..... So I am getting a new rear section with a small silencer for track use i think just to be safe.

I can take you out in it when I next see you if you hold out fella :)

I aint sure, i was hoping march but its looking more like april now because my Tax & insurance is due this month etc! and I have a few things to pay next month :( But I will let you know and we can be novices together.

P.s. you best going to SRR even if you dont run your car!

Yeah I look forward to ridding shout-gun in the fezza.

Springtime track time sounds like a plan Matt.

And yes I will be going to SRR.... That reminds me I must give the Maxogen a clean.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
No I said I would track it last year, I'll give you that.

But you know the score Tim. Me and Mel now have the Fabia vRS so the 172 is all good to go.

I understand, I'm only kidding.

Yeah I look forward to ridding shout-gun in the fezza.

Springtime track time sounds like a plan Matt.

And yes I will be going to SRR.... That reminds me I must give the Maxogen a clean.

Are you running didn't notice your name on the list? Fancy meeting at Fleet Services again?

182 trackday racer
And still can't decide between Carbon/Kevlar Corbeau Revenge and Recaro SPG buckets :S

I bought Revenge seats but the GRP/Kevlar version. For me the choice is very easy, the Recaro seat lack Hans support, have no "wings" for side impact protection, etc. The Revenge seat should be compared with the Recaro Pro Racer Hans to be a fair comparision.

Observe that the Revenge have been updated for 2011 so make sure to get the latest version.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I understand, I'm only kidding.

Are you running didn't notice your name on the list? Fancy meeting at Fleet Services again?

Not 100% sure if I can run yet. Very busy with work ATM, but I will hopefully pop along.

I bought Revenge seats but the GRP/Kevlar version. For me the choice is very easy, the Recaro seat lack Hans support, have no "wings" for side impact protection, etc. The Revenge seat should be compared with the Recaro Pro Racer Hans to be a fair comparision.

Observe that the Revenge have been updated for 2011 so make sure to get the latest version.

Good point the Corbeau Revenges direct/rival seats are the Recaro Pro Racer SPG Hans, but they're silly money TBH.

Godspeed how do you get on with the wings for driving on the road, and have you got any pics of them fitted to your clio?

182 trackday racer
Not 100% sure if I can run yet. Very busy with work ATM, but I will hopefully pop along.

Good point the Corbeau Revenges direct/rival seats are the Recaro Pro Racer SPG Hans, but they're silly money TBH.

Godspeed how do you get on with the wings for driving on the road, and have you got any pics of them fitted to your clio?

Yes the Recaros are silly money not worth it at all. Even if they would cost as mutch as the Revenge I would still choose the Revenge. I choose between the new OMP HTE and the Corbeau but HANS comfort zone, reinforced sides and adjustable lumbar support made the choice easy.

Have them ordered but have still not got them yet, will be delivered some time in February.

Considering wings they will reduce the sight but I can live with that... After escaping a highspeed side impact on track last year there is no way I'll drive trackdays without Hans, propper seats, 6-point and a cage.

^^^LOL mate.

It's not going to be a tarts car, I Will be tracking it this year :cool:

I'll have to have a sit in yours mate. IIRC you're running Corbeau Revolutions aren't you?

I do really like the look of the SPG's (I <3 recaros) but think these Carbon/kevlar Revenge seats look awesome TBH.

The SPG's look alright, but aren't going to offer half the support of a proper bucket seat. Seeing as you have a runaround now practicability means nothing and SPG's in my opinion are for alright for a normal car that gets driven daily. :) Yeah i've got the Revolutions with both sizes so by all means take a seat in mine and see what you think, them carbon kevlar Revenges look epic! ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work so far. Look forward to seeing this on track!

Me too ;)

Yes the Recaros are silly money not worth it at all. Even if they would cost as mutch as the Revenge I would still choose the Revenge. I choose between the new OMP HTE and the Corbeau but HANS comfort zone, reinforced sides and adjustable lumbar support made the choice easy.

Have them ordered but have still not got them yet, will be delivered some time in February.

Considering wings they will reduce the sight but I can live with that... After escaping a highspeed side impact on track last year there is no way I'll drive trackdays without Hans, propper seats, 6-point and a cage.

Yeah I also plan on fitting a proper cage to the 172.

I will run a drivers seatbelt (for a while) and harnesses, so the fixed wings shouldn't be a problem for occasional road use.

Yeah i've got the Revolutions with both sizes so by all means take a seat in mine and see what you think, them carbon kevlar Revenges look epic! ;)

Good stuff mate :)

Si

RS Clio 172
fletch I have a wheel boss which i've thought about fitting but never have.

Do you still have your standard wheel? was going to flog my aftermarket wheel and boss and maybe fit a 197 wheel or a better condition 1*2 one.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
He's still got the standard wheel and it's in good condition.

I think you should go with the carbon kevlar Fletch, as Nick said they look epic! :cool:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
fletch I have a wheel boss which i've thought about fitting but never have.

Do you still have your standard wheel? was going to flog my aftermarket wheel and boss and maybe fit a 197 wheel or a better condition 1*2 one.

I ordered a boss earlier mate. I might have the standard for sale once though, I have the sabelt wheel fitted Si

He's still got the standard wheel and it's in good condition.

I think you should go with the carbon kevlar Fletch, as Nick said they look epic! :cool:

Yes Tim the Carbon/Kevlar seats do look nice, I'd better get saving ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Give me a shout before you do! Although I'm tempted to splash out and attempt to fit the 197 wheel. lol.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Fletch where did you get the RS wheel from, I am tempted to get one and remove the renault sport bit :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Starting to get a little bit pissed off with the 172 now.. I just had a gearbox re-con, and new clutch fitted got it back to notice I had a oil leak, then this happened yesterday.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...g-from-engine-bay-car-won-t-start.&highlight=

I can't remember the last time I took it for a long drive, and didn't have something wrong :( and everytime It needs repair work it eats into my projects funds.

I was planning on ordering a Orcea Group N exhaust at the end of the week too. If it keeps on breaking/costing me money it shall be going!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Starting to get a little bit pissed off with the 172 now.. I just had a gearbox re-con, and new clutch fitted got it back to notice I had a oil leak, then this happened yesterday.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...g-from-engine-bay-car-won-t-start.&highlight=

I can't remember the last time I took it for a long drive, and didn't have something wrong :( and everytime It needs repair work it eats into my projects funds.

I was planning on ordering a Orcea Group N exhaust at the end of the week too. If it keeps on breaking/costing me money it shall be going!

How much for the brembo's :rasp:

Hope you get it sorted mate

S23

The Cleee-O
Keep at it Fletch! It's an awesome machine, I know what it's like to have it all going against you. But when it's going well, you'll forget all about the bad. Plus the ghetto-fix splitter is amazing. :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Keep at it Fletch! It's an awesome machine, I know what it's like to have it all going against you. But when it's going well, you'll forget all about the bad. Plus the ghetto-fix splitter is amazing. :D

Cheers Shaun. We'll have to meet up mate, when I 'hopefully' have it all sorted

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Don't worry fella, eventually you'll just get to the stage where you've replaced almost everything...and it'll be fine..lol

;)

:( it happens <3

Ollie's Silver Cup
On the plus side, your 2118's will be delivered soon I guess? :cool:

Good luck getting these problems sorted, hopefully it won't be too expensive a fix :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
O dear .... I am gutted for you now mate! Thats means you have a sodding excuse not to come on saturday unless you bring the VRS or the Pimp wagon!

I hope you get it sorted fella, its french these things happen...On the other hand I own a Ford lol <3

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry fella, eventually you'll just get to the stage where you've replaced almost everything...and it'll be fine..lol

;)

:( it happens <3

I can't be far off from replacing everything mate :rasp:

On the plus side, your 2118's will be delivered soon I guess? :cool:

Good luck getting these problems sorted, hopefully it won't be too expensive a fix :)

Yes mate, they arrived today :approve:

O dear .... I am gutted for you now mate! Thats means you have a sodding excuse not to come on saturday unless you bring the VRS or the Pimp wagon!

I hope you get it sorted fella, its french these things happen...On the other hand I own a Ford lol <3

I'm working this Saturday :(

As Matt says, could be worse, you could own a Ford! ;)

lol ;)

2118s arrived today, I now need to decide on what rubber to put on them.

5367738946_b2cfab32ff.jpg

Si

RS Clio 172
T1Rs. done.

Welcome to the Anthracite 2118 club btw. Membership card will be sent out shortly.