ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foam-less snow foam

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Using Power Maxed Blizzard snow foam at roughly 10:1 ratio and all I’m getting is a very watery foam.

Using a brand new Karcher K4 full control pressure washer and I’ve tried two different lances. Dial is turned to max foaminess

Has anyone else experienced this piss poor performance issue?!

I thought it was because my little old K2 pressure washer was leaking more water out the pump body than through the lance as to why it was such a poor foam but I’m getting similar results with a decent amount of water pressure.

The recommended dilution is 33:1....

B0F271E0-F1A9-47CB-B126-DF90F4DD120F.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I get the same watery foam with my 4k. Had 3 different foams through it and ditched the karscher handle for an in2detailing gun and still the same. I was going to buy a new foam lance but now I'm not sure that's the problem.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I get the same watery foam with my 4k. Had 3 different foams through it and ditched the karscher handle for an in2detailing gun and still the same. I was going to buy a new foam lance but now I'm not sure that's the problem.
What snow foam are you using?

I might try a different brand to see if that makes a difference. I used to get good results with a snow foam that was blue in colour but can’t remember for the life of me what it’s called!!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I have to turn my dial to the - to get the most foam lol. Could be worth a shot with your lance as it looks the same as mine

10:1 seems pretty weak, I usually mix mine 5:1. Power Maxed ain't the best stuff though, it's cheap tosh that 'suffices'. I've tried the iron remover and wheel cleaner and they both do a mediocre job too

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I have to turn my dial to the - to get the most foam lol. Could be worth a shot with your lance as it looks the same as mine

10:1 seems pretty weak, I usually mix mine 5:1. Power Maxed ain't the best stuff though, it's cheap tosh that 'suffices'. I've tried the iron remover and wheel cleaner and they both do a mediocre job too
I’ll try a 1:1 ratio next time 😂😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Best I've used is this great foam and cleaning power mix about 1:7
My 120 nilfisk and lance are about 10 years old too.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Not all foams are ‘foamy’

It’s just how they work. Bilt and Hamber is one of the best cleaning foams out there in my opinion, but it’s like water.
Then on the other hand you’ve got something like Autobrite Magifoam which is nowhere near as good, but foams up massively and is brilliant for taking pictures for Instagram.

Last edited:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What snow foam are you using?

I might try a different brand to see if that makes a difference. I used to get good results with a snow foam that was blue in colour but can’t remember for the life of me what it’s called!!
I've used signature candy apple, avalanche and now bilt hamber. At least the BH does a good job of removing dirt when it's gone on all pissy.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I had this issue for months. But last weekend when using foam again, it splattered for a few seconds then I got the thickest foam I’ve ever seen (very strong foam dilution).

So I guess my lance had a build up of crap.

Maybe try running hot water in the Lance with no product the clean it through?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I had this issue for months. But last weekend when using foam again, it splattered for a few seconds then I got the thickest foam I’ve ever seen (very strong foam dilution).

So I guess my lance had a build up of crap.

Maybe try running hot water in the Lance with no product the clean it through?
It’s a brand new machine and lance Ryan 🤷🏼‍♀️

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Lads. It’s a thin foam.
There’s nowt wrong with the jet wash or the lance

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Make sure you’re putting the foam in first into a dry/empty bottle. I was just topping the bottle up between washes and it was rubbish.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not all foams are ‘foamy’

It’s just how they work. Bilt and Hamber is one of the best cleaning foams out there in my opinion, but it’s like water.
Then on the other hand you’ve got something like Autobrite Magifoam which is nowhere near as good, but foams up massively and is brilliant for taking pictures for Instagram.
What this guy said. And it's super dilution