ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Lance

RS Clio 200
Being a novice with regard to snow lances, I need a bit of advice please. I bought a fairly cheap snow foam gun that attaches to a normal hose pipe. I can’t seem to get a decent foam, it’s still fairly watery even on max foam setting. Is this due to the gun or the fact it’s not on a pressure washer?

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Need the pressure from a pressure washer for bubbles/foam.

I just bought a proper one from in2detailing for 20quid.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RS Clio 200
Ok, thanks. Problem is I have no idea if one would fit my pressure washer as the only ones I can find say they fit karcher washers. Don’t fancy buying a whole new pressure washer too!

May have to take my lance to Halfords and ask if I can try the fitment.

RS Clio 200
Hi, Another snow foam question! Once I’ve got the right lance and actually producing proper foam, will I need to shampoo the car as I traditionally would? Or is the snow foam a proper replacement for shampooing?

Not sure if the main aim of snow foam is just to get the worst off or deal with it all prior to rinsing.

Cheers,

Clio 182 Trophy
You will more than likely still need to wash the car with shampoo and a mitt afterwards. After you’ve foamed and pressure washed off, you can always re-foam to add extra soap and bubbles for your normal shampooing step.

RS Clio 200
Great, thank you!

I am surprised how much snow foam liquid my current hosepipe/snow gun goes through. I can only assume it’s because it’s flooding through rather than via a pressure washer, suspect that’s also the reason it’s not been foaming properly too. I’m sure once I’ve got a new gun that fits my pressure washer it will work properly!