ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focal Or MB Quart Components

Hi folks,

Right I am planning to upgrade my speakers in my 172 mk2, and have seen good recommendation on here for either focal or MB Quart components.

So, on doing a little searching, and have found a couple sets but cant decide which ones to go for! Either:

- FOCAL 130A Components (and some focal coaxials for the rear), or

- MB QUART RCE 213 reference series components (and MB quart coaxials in the rear).

my main worry is the mounting depth, as the focal comps are pretty deep arent they? I cant really find any info on the mounting depths for either sets. I just really want a straight swap for the mids, then i will sort out replacing the tweeters.

Any help on this much appriceated to make me decide!

Cheers

Andrew

MB Quart all the way

for a little extra you can get a much better set than the RCE213s

but still the better choice out of the two IMO

I would say focal have a superoir sound quality but are very prone to self combust!

The focal 5 1/4 inch fitted straight into the DYnaique doors so should so th same on a 172

3 votes to 1! MB quarts it is! Nah thanks for the info ppl! much appriciated. so difficult to decide with so many products out there!

A

Quote: Originally posted by DynamiqueDick on 17 July 2003

I would say focal have a superoir sound quality but are very prone to self combust!

The focal 5 1/4 inch fitted straight into the DYnaique doors so should so th same on a 172

i think u mean fuision are prone to self combust

as focal are one of the best quality components that are on the market

cheers peeps, hmm 3 votes to 3, darn. well i am gonna have to put this purchase on hold now :( seeing as I just had an excounter with a nova that ran a red light. grrrrrrrrrrrr. just when i ordered my new HU 2 days ago too! oh well