ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST vs 172

Disastra Coupe
Just thought i'd share some pictures after me and a mate went on a little drive today

6857946197_7f918968c2_z.jpg

steeeeeeyyyy by chippen172, on Flickr

6857822067_c1d161404b_z.png

stand172 by chippen172, on Flickr

6857946641_7038f94216_z.jpg

streflection by chippen172, on Flickr

6857821647_48f910832e_z.jpg

STfocus by chippen172, on Flickr

6858028525_2a919a33b7_z.jpg

reflections by chippen172, on Flickr

6858144053_a0061ae6bf_z.jpg

stvs172 by chippen172, on Flickr

Last edited:
  Disastra Coupe
Worst thing about the ST is that the facelift one looks ten times better.

A month or so ago i would have disagreed. Lately i wouldn't.
Must say though, i really like the ST's. Drive's really nice, feels well built and like i said above, nice torque. Just a shame they're s**t on fuel lol.

Thanks for the comments people. Not dead pleased with them all but a couple i like.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're not that much worse on fuel than other cars from its class (Megane, Astra etc) in my experience. I do have a facelift though, which apparently are a tad better than the pre-facelift models.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just couldn't own a pre-facelift knowing how much better the facelift looks.

Disastra Coupe
I've altered the white balance on this one as it was annoying me lol.

6857822067_980472ff29_z.jpg

stand172 by chippen172, on Flickr

Scott (guessing that's your name lol), i'm not familiar with what the Meg's and Astra's are like on fuel. All i really know is with a heavy-ish foot the ST hit's 18mpg which i thought was a bit, ouch, lol. Lovely car's none-the-less.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good guessing ;) . Can't say I've seen figures like that myself. To be fair though, I'm not one to plant the foot all the time. Maybe I'm an exception lol.

Disastra Coupe
Good guessing ;) . Can't say I've seen figures like that myself. To be fair though, I'm not one to plant the foot all the time. Maybe I'm an exception lol.

Haha, well it is remapped with a Miltek exhaust. So whether that makes a difference? Like i say though, that's if he's giving it some grief.

itb'd RB 182 cup
good pics chap! im liking the two reflection shots even with the fly tipping in the first one.

Love them both. The 172 is absolutely perfect! Though I have to agree with the majority that the facelift is a nicer looking car. The interior seems to be improved too; it's a very nice place to be, in the Focus.

Disastra Coupe
Love them both. The 172 is absolutely perfect! Though I have to agree with the majority that the facelift is a nicer looking car. The interior seems to be improved too; it's a very nice place to be, in the Focus.

It is inside the Focus, isn't it. Always makes me laugh how my Jap mate's call them. They say rot boxes, unreliable... everything. Yet my Dad has pretty much only ever had Fords and get's minimal problems. Build quality is definitely better than Jap. Modern one's don't seem to rot unlike a lot of Jap stuff. Really have warmed to them, they just drive nice. Which is possibly the only fault with them i could pick. Drive nice, don't feel much character though.

Yeah, my dad's had a couple now and they've been spot on. Both mapped and not a single thing has gone wrong with either!
I'd say the quality is a lot better than anything that's come out of Japan. I sat in a Hawkeye Impreza not so long ago and it's plastic city! Felt very cheap.

Focus is full of lovely lovely leather!

5355221009_a23b359ec2_z.jpg

Focus by j0eyD, on Flickr

5355221013_8ff289dc6f_z.png

Focus by j0eyD, on Flickr