ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST170 Spruce Up

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My mate has just bought this ST170 with just over 100,000 miles on the clock.

I know that everyone tends to knock these cars but it's his pride and joy and he wanted it spruced up a bit.

It's screaming out for a proper correction but due to lack of time I just wasn't able to do that today. He's bringing it back when the weather warms up a bit and I'll go to town on it.

So today consisted of a wash, decon (IronX/TarX), Clay and a once over with Prima Amigo by DA to get it shining a bit. Sealed with Hydro2.

The headlights were fooked as well so gave them a quick refurb. It was a bit of a rush job but I'll address them properly when he comes back again.

IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Considering the mileage you have made that look almost new! You have a lot of detailing products on those shelves :cool:.
Nice house too.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I used to love these but always sempt to hold there value when I wanted one.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Looking very smart mate, the mk1 focus still looks a very sharp car despite it being released 18 years ago now.

RB Clio 182
Nice colour, it looks in really good condition from the pics although the st just lacks something, it might be the rs badge.

You have done a great job by the looks of that :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I used to love these but always sempt to hold there value when I wanted one.

Yeah i was in the same boat mate.

Certainly doesn't look like it's covered over 100k! nice work

Unfortunate mot close up the bonnet is peppered with stone chips. But I guess you can't expect anything less in a car this age. The rest of the paint is in fairly good nick aside from being a bit swirly.

A day or two getting busy with the DA will get it looking really nice.

Looking very smart mate, the mk1 focus still looks a very sharp car despite it being released 18 years ago now.

Yeah it was ahead of its time when it came out wasn't it. I had a hateful 1.4 Zetec but it was blinding for driving to work.

Nice colour, it looks in really good condition from the pics although the st just lacks something, it might be the rs badge.

You have done a great job by the looks of that :smile:

Yeah the RS is awesome but carries a massive price tag.

I really like these, nearly bought one when i was 19 actually!

Me too mate.

Good job as always, Rondingo.

Cheers brosef

Why do people slag these off? Thirsty maybe, but seem to remember they handle quite well, look good, spacious - my buddy's old Zetec 1.8 was a hoot.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There's one of these in work, in that colour and level of cleanliness.

I lust over it daily, for no reason whatsoever that I can work out. I think maybe because they're like a less-ASBO RS.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Still love the look of these, particularly in that colour...... Side stickers don't do it for me though.

Being a detailing freak, I appreciate cars that are standard and very clean and for its age, knowing how suseptable to rust those are, that is very nice :up: