ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Footwell LED installation

Hi i have got all the required parts however im having trouble with the wiring.

Im wiring these footwells to light up when the roof light comes on (when doors open) along with a switch to turn that function off too. Now that is simple.

However i want to have another switch that can turn these on permanently. So does this diagram work?

photo_zpsbd3ced85.gif

It works if when one is switched on the other is off and vice versa.

Why don't you consider a on-off-on switch. So you wire the live from battery one side then the interior the other side. Then you have the option to turn them off and simpler than having to faff with 2 rocker switches.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Mine are wired up to the cigarette lighter, so whenever I put headlights/sidelights on, the neons also come on.
They are on plugs though so I can unplug if I want.

It works if when one is switched on the other is off and vice versa.

Why don't you consider a on-off-on switch. So you wire the live from battery one side then the interior the other side. Then you have the option to turn them off and simpler than having to faff with 2 rocker switches.

Hang on i think i understand you abit more, instead of 2 plain switches are you talking about the switch with 3 pins? Can they do the job of those 2 i have in the diagram?

Hang on i think i understand you abit more, instead of 2 plain switches are you talking about the switch with 3 pins? Can they do the job of those 2 i have in the diagram?

Yes indeed

32NE0296.gif

Pin 1 battery live,
Pin 2 positive feed to footwell lights
Pin 3 positive from interior.

They elimate the need for 2 switches to power the same circuit.

I see, Wow that makes things alot better.

And my ground doesnt need to go to interior light it can all go to the battery? Or whichever is easiest to wire at the time!

Im going to place the switches where the glove box light is and bought Halfords switch to do that.

Halfords dont sell a on-off-on switch as far as i can see. Where can i get one of these that will fit the light hole? Any ideas mate thanks.

Fit by what means? That switch has a momentary rocker so it will flick on then off.

Some rocker switch are fused so it won't be the case of fitting one.

Ahh i see, well the switch i pointed out thats the size that fits nicely where the glove box light is. So i have seen so i need one like that.

Do you know of where i can get one from? All the others on ebay are smaller and i wouldnt have a clue where to fit them.