ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Focus RS : day 94 : The perfect spec RS?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Watched it this morning and thought that it looked firm!
Good watch and agreed on the spec you want vs. the internet spec you should order.
Being a bit pikey deep down, I'd probably go for Nitrous Blue with the forged wheels but I get why you didn't...

...it's because your shirts would clash with it, right?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love that colour Mark, I've seen it on the Fiesta and the connect van and I think it looks ace.

But I'm the same pikey as Chris, even though I'm 41 I'd of gone for the blue with black wheels, but I think you've made the right choice being a more mature chap.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark we NEED a Goodwood trackday video!

I know, I know! Drift yo day at Rockingham comes first...plan is now spring for Goodwood.

Watched it this morning and thought that it looked firm!
Good watch and agreed on the spec you want vs. the internet spec you should order.
Being a bit pikey deep down, I'd probably go for Nitrous Blue with the forged wheels but I get why you didn't...

...it's because your shirts would clash with it, right?

Aye, the seats with Nitrous Blue, nice flashes of colour but throw up a whole other first world of problems.

I love that colour Mark, I've seen it on the Fiesta and the connect van and I think it looks ace.

But I'm the same pikey as Chris, even though I'm 41 I'd of gone for the blue with black wheels, but I think you've made the right choice being a more mature chap.

That's why so many saw it as a "no, never on an RS" colour...the fact you can get a transit covered in it! I couldn't care less what else comes in it (although interestingly like Nitrous Blue you can't get the ST in Magnetic)...up close, from afar, it looks classy.

I would go blue with the upgraded dark wheels but change them to silver.

That was always a consideration...but the fact that in ten years time I want to be able to look at my car and see it still exactly as it was the day it rolled off the production line means even a cosmetic and reversible change is never going to happen.

RB Clio 182
I like the grey, but i would have gone for blue and black wheels with the shell seats. Im not fussed on any other options.

I like your spec tho, you wouldnt look right in nitrous blue, similar to seeing my nana in a thong sort of way.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Enjoyed the Video. Totally agree why you went with the Colour and Spec you did, but i drive a VXR so i'd be going full chav with NB, Black Alloys lol.

LOL at full chav, I wasn't going to be the first to say that, but...

I like the grey, but i would have gone for blue and black wheels with the shell seats. Im not fussed on any other options.

I like your spec tho, you wouldnt look right in nitrous blue, similar to seeing my nana in a thong sort of way.

Hahaha and urgh.

Re. the blue and black wheels etc every time I see someone post pictures of their new pride and joy all I can think is 'oh look, another one'. It's become very tired very quickly.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Good video :up:

The 'perfect' spec that everyone talks about is, unfortunately, a very good reflection on the society today. Everyone is out to impress someone else, but doesn't stop to think what they want, or need!

Love the comment about driving with your eyes open :smile:

Clio 197
Went out for a drive with one of these (in the same colour) and it certainly looked the part. Was hilarious seeing it drift around roundabouts with ease.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What does it cost to fill?

Whatever 50 litres of your favourite tipple costs. My last fill up which was just after the dial footage shown at 3:00 in this video (with zero miles remaining so about as empty as you can get it without risk) cost me £59 for 49 litres.

Went out for a drive with one of these (in the same colour) and it certainly looked the part. Was hilarious seeing it drift around roundabouts with ease.

Bingo. This is what makes them such a laugh to drive. They're fast front drivers with epic traction and zero understeer until you ask for just that little bit more. Then they turn into tail wagging power oversteering rear drivers.

It's wholly dependant on your right foot. You choose what flavour of corner exit you want. It's that simple.

And very very addictive. Hence me burning through 50 litres of Tesco's finest 99 in 200 miles.