ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Format disk recovery

Cupra
Last night I managed to go full r****d and formatted the wrong drive in my PC. I managed to loose 800GB of various files (none of which are important, but all of which are handy) and wanted to know if anybody here had successfully used software to recover files after a format.

From a quick trip around google, recovering deleted files and recovering files after a format are two different things, but there are so many different software packages and sponsored links that I was hoping for a personal recommendation rather than trial and error for a couple of days.

Cheers!
Andy

Cupra
Cheers, will take a look.

Next to gambling, working on the PC is now on my list of things not to do when I'm drunk.
Idiotic thing to manage to do!!!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Would be interested to see what people use as well, not something I've looked into but really should.

Best of luck with the data, you didn't happen to take a backup before the format by any chance ? :p

Cupra
EASEUS seems to be working fine. It found everything on the disk, and is now pulling it all back to another one. It is taking ages though, probably a couple of days left at this rate!

I have backups of all my important stuff, but this drive is more an archive of useful programs, tools and temporary files that I have picked up. All can be downloaded again, but it is just a hassle that I can't be arsed with.