ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So, a decent selection of manufacturers, but not really a massive choice within each stable.

Not too bad, though.

yup, although I've heard the selection changes dependant on the car so you may find some cars you have more choices for.

I'm liking the fact there are the borbets and various other old school rims in there which should look good on the 60's, 70's and 80's cars.

I found it amusing reading comments on one of the forums about the inclusion of Rotas. Some of them were bitching about them being knock offs and not fitting them to any of their cars. Clearly it's escaped them that it's a game lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Loads of people have this now. Illegal w*nkers and all that. ;)

Also, it's etc. not ect. That pisses me off.

TTRS & V50
Wasn't really getting excited about this game, untill i saw those screenshots on CC-UK.

Shame my f**king three red lights flashed at me the other day, for the SECOND time. 360's piss me off.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No the Elite has far better ventilation and a more advanced laser, innit.

Plus it's quieter and looks nicer.

LOL.

Here's the pitpass to go with those pics I posted earlier.
Forza Pitpass Report: Benchmark High Speed Ring

The Ultimate Automotive Playground; Free Day 1 DLC!

Evan Griffey, 10.14.2009

bm_small.jpg

Imagine that you’ve just ripped the packaging off your copy of Forza Motorsport 3. Alongside the two disc set filled with 400 cars and 100 tracks you see an Xbox LIVE redeem code card tucked nicely inside. The contents? 10 of the most classic cars to grace the planet and a free pass to Turn 10’s massive automotive playground known as the Benchmark High Speed ring.
We’ve already divulged the cars that are available as downloadable content (DLC) on day one here. Below you will learn about the history of this incredible track and what it means for our community. Sit back, relax and get ready to check out the ultimate driving playground as envisioned by Turn 10 Studios!
BM5.jpg

Benchmark High Speed Ring is an over-the-top driving venue that offers a schizophrenic array of automotive challenges. There are 16 track configurations to burn rubber on: seven dedicated circuits (forward and reverse) and two dragstrips.
At 3.96 miles Benchmark’s huge oval, reminiscent of OEM test tracks with high-degree banking, is the longest in FM3. The facility was originally conceived as a top speed test venue. And the story could have stopped there but the track’s art lead Terrance Newell, a Forza community member an avid player saw the open space inside the super speedway as an opportunity to think outside the box. The genesis was Ken Block’s Gymkhana video. “We watched those Ken Block videos like every other day,” says Newell. “When I saw the Gymkhana Practice video I was like, wow, I want that. I want to be able to do that in our game.” Turn 10s Rhett Mathis and Dan Greenawalt supported the project early in development as it spread its wings.
bm3.jpg

“I have these two big open areas I am trying to make sense of visually and that’s tough” explains Newell. “We got a directive make this thing wide open without anything on it but make it awesome. Visually how do I make a big flat plane not look like a big flat plane? I talked with Turn 10’s Landin Williams whose also part of Project Blackjack about what would take it to the next level. I came away with the idea that tracks had drift zones that always limited the possibilities. Benchmark was limitless, opening up the door to a pure style of drifting. I decided to take simple elements like tires and cones etc. and make them objects not obstacles. These elements are interacted with…not avoided. It’s a freestyle playground and drift scoring is not the emphasis of this track. Benchmark breaks the rules of track design; it’s a venue where player can go mess around and experiment without the constraint of a lap timer.”
One of the coolest aspects of the track are the numerous inconspicuously placed drift obstacle/challenges Newell cleverly sprinkled throughout the facility for players to explore and utilize as they see fit. Further with the strategic placement of replay cameras Newell expects to see some wicked ‘Forzakhana’ videos come from Benchmark.
BM8.jpg

Benchmark’s dragstrip venue also goes one step beyond. Newell, who was collaborating with the Forza design team heavily to develop the tracks layouts, was approached by Greenawalt with the idea of drawing from the raw ‘run what you brung’ attitude of the “Pinks” TV show. The strip at Benchmark is eight lanes wide with four sets of Christmas trees and no excuses.
Overall Benchmark is way for Turn 10 to give something back to its online community. From conception this course has been designed as a development lab where players can stretch their imaginations and create new, never-before seen game types or really enjoy demo derby, tag, cat and mouse and other multi-player game types.
bm4.jpg

Backstory

Benchmark has an immediate vibe; un-kept yet unbridled, idling yet ready to rock. The buildings and the overall environment hint at the El Toro air base where Gymkhana Practice was filmed but there is a much more substantial aura to Benchmark. The facility was built to test race cars and their drivers at the ragged edge. But the teams soon built their own test facilities and time took its toll on the place. Enter a forward thinking former racer who is developing a revolutionary tire compound. He buys the place for cheap and hires his own drivers to fine tune his compound. The drivers love the place and it becomes a viral phenomenon in their tight knit circle; a sort of invitation only proposition. Soon NASCAR drivers, F1 pilots, Formula Drift drivers, drag racers are all competing in loosely organized underground events with “Autoweek” magazine providing coverage. During downtimes grassroots drifters come in and set up their own impromptu courses. The ‘8 versus 8’ drag strip was constructed when an ‘enthusiasts racing media mogul’ wanted to stage the ultimate supercar drag race. Now you can join in the madness with this free Day 1 Downloadable Content!

benchmark_1.jpg

You can download it any day after release date is how I read it. It's not currently available and you'll need to have a legit copy to get it, sidewinder (the old snake tracks) and the 10 classic cars (Hakosuka, Fiat 131 etc)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
Dear Mr C,

Order number(s): 0*******/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Forza Motorsport 3 Ltd Edition with Exclusive in-game M3 E92 BMW is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Forza Motorsport 3 Ltd Edition with Exclusive in-game M3 E92 BMW, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your credit / debit card will be charged upon despatch of your order. Also, if you are a Reward Member your points will be added to your account at this time.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
I've not received anything from play :(, maybe I should have used GAME lol.

15/10/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/10/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
24/07/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

SQ5
Just changed to the Elite/Forza Package.

So I'll have two copies of Forza 3, although I bet my LCE comes after the Elite bundle. I guess the discs will be the same and for VIP you'll enter a code?

And also if I recover Gamertag on the elite I will then be able to play and then move everything else over at a later date without wiping the Elites F3 file yes?