ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 4 wheel

Clio 182
Been playing GT5 for a long time now but finally got Forza after seeing the graphics. Anyone able to recommend a steering wheel? I've been a big fan of the logitech GT wheel for PS3 but not sure of the equivalent for xbox.

Bit dearer but one of the Fanatec wheels. I've used one of the older Porsche branded models and was pretty impressed with it, no doubt the newer models are even better again. It felt better than the GT branded Logitech but that's no insult to the Logitech but then it should be better given the relative prices of the wheels.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Fanatec's GT3 is the best I've used. Pricey though... and you need a proper setup to get the most from it. :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I can not recommend the stupid mid air wheel. If that helps.

AK

M240i
I can not recommend the stupid mid air wheel. If that helps.

I looked at them for about a second and then decided it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

More of a kiddies (Turner :eek:) toy than for a serious gamer.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've got the Xbox wheel (the proper one with the pedals that mounts to a desk or can be used on your lap) and can't fault it and is great for playing Forza and F1

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I wouldn't recommend the Microsoft Wheel (not the gay speed wheel, the proper one that's now discontinued I believe) either. It's great for F1, not brilliant for Forza.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The old Microsoft wheel is acceptable and will make the game a lot more fun. I'd aim for a Fanatec setup if you are really committed though.

I bought a CSR with Clubsport pedals and shifters on release. Overall it is great, although the materials used on the wheel do make it look/feel cheap in comparison to my old Logitech G25.

Another bonus is it being compatible with 360/PS3/PC, so you're pretty much covered for everything. Does require some tuning (all done on the wheel itself) between different games to suit your driving.

Clio 182
cheers for the recommendations. agree with comments about the 'air' wheels, just a gimmick really. the fanatec looks good but i have a sofa and a coffee table, not a racing seat, so cant justify spending a lot!