ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 2...

A4 Avant
Well my opinion is that its just ok. My biggest bugbear is the fact that the demo forces you to use the shoulder buttons to accelerate and brake. I hate this setup. Because of this it's ruining my experience. I hope the game isn't the same. Graphics aren't an amazing step forward but are ok and there is a good feeling of speed.

I'm somehow left feeling rather dissapointed.:(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm pleased with the sound, I think its the best sounding car game to date, the noise from the Gallardo is sarx. I've played it for around 40 minutes so far and found it quite enjoyable, I'd say the graphics are in some ways better than TDU, but more in an acarde way and they don't quite go into as much detail, but much better than PGR3 and the rest of the games out there.

dk

911 GTS Cab
My mate downloaded it and said its pretty bad....graphics are not impressive and handling is off. He has a 360 and ps3 and says GT HD is a lot better to play at the moment :S
i actually think F1 on the PS3 is a better game, better graphics and jsut as realistic.

I mean, have you tried looking behind you in the game on forza, the sound pretty much disappears, whys that, it would not suddenly be silent from the front of the car!

Monaco 172 2/468
You've never been the same since you got that PS3 dk :D I have to agree in some ways though, it really doesn't feel like any kind of leap forward :dapprove:

Get yourself in the MC12, when you boot it, it takes off, feels really fast :cool:

As someone said earlier, maybe it's a grower. I think the tuning and online aspect of this will be what makes it amazing ... hopefully

dk

911 GTS Cab
You've never been the same since you got that PS3 dk :D I have to agree in some ways though, it really doesn't feel like any kind of leap forward :dapprove:

Get yourself in the MC12, when you boot it, it takes off, feels really fast :cool:

As someone said earlier, maybe it's a grower. I think the tuning and online aspect of this will be what makes it amazing ... hopefully
i'm going to keep an open mind, will try it again later before i finally decide.

I did try the MC12 and thats the one that annoyed me when i tried the rear view and the sound went really low.

Nippy white cup

i'm going to keep an open mind, will try it again later before i finally decide.

I did try the MC12 and thats the one that annoyed me when i tried the rear view and the sound went really low.

If its an audio thing that puts you off then forget GT....Every single version through the years has played very well but the sounds are awful imo. There are a few that sound authentic but most are very tinny or just plain bad (the ferrari 599 on a vid I watched was a great example)

I think you probably need to play Forza a while to get into it as you say
but I think once you start to tune cars/add your own personal vinyls etc the it will come alive

Chris

After playing this again for an hour or so with company, I'm actually quite enjoying it. I think its just one of those games that you have to get into a bit.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's only a demo Dave... lets not forget how utterly s**t the first TDU demo was compared to the second one, and the game
thats perfectly true actually, TDU was pretty poor first time round.

But then they haven't got much time left, its released in the US in 2 weeks!

T

thecremeegg

Well its pretty shocking that AA is not effective in the demo. Considering the length of time they've had to develop it, i dont understand the lack of 4xAA....apparently the full game wont have it either :S

Well its pretty shocking that AA is not effective in the demo. Considering the length of time they've had to develop it, i dont understand the lack of 4xAA....apparently the full game wont have it either :S

I read that also. Models have well jaggy edges :S

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
nah its definately got 2xaa and the replays are smoother so 4xaa seems right. The reason those retards have commented there is no aa is that even with 2xaa you still get jaggies so they have just assumed there is no aa whatsoever, that and the fact they are reviewing pre-release code

T

thecremeegg

Who do we believe? I've also heard reports that the 2xAA is effective in the demo, and thats how the final game will look. Surely the game designers would realise that somethings up? :S

Edit, just read above post, microsoft and ATI ahave made a HUGe deal over the fact that the 360 can handle all games at 4xAA with no performance hit. why is it that a microsoft game still cant handle 4xAA?
they're fobbing people off with promises of no jaggies when it is clear from the Forza 2 demo that 2xAA makes sod all difference.
On the PC i run games at 6xAA which eliminates the jaggies, 4 isnt too bad. Why oh why cant they sort this out?

Monaro VXR
Complaining over the jaggies is fair but its not different from other consoles. Played a few games on a PS3 the other day and noticed jaggies. To similar or higher extent than the 360.

These are consoles not PC's jaggies are to be expected considering those of us with high end PC's spent more on the graphics card than the entire console usually.

Citroen DS3 DSport
i actually think F1 on the PS3 is a better game, better graphics and jsut as realistic.

I'm sad to say that I agree. F1 on the PS3 has better visuals and the framerate runs just as quick. On the flip side Forza 2 has more variety and options and I'm sure it'll be a brilliant online game.

Overall I enjoyed the demo but not as much as I'd expected I would.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I played the demo last night (took all evening to download) and I wasn't that impressed. After all the hype of the game I was left feeling a bit disappointed.
I love racing sims and pretty much all the games I play involve driving.
Ok, so the final game will be better than the demo but after playing it last night I won't be buying the full game. Played PGR3 last night and prefer that by miles.

1.8 Civic EX
I must admit I found it a bit pap but I thinks it's just cos of all the hype. If there was no hype at all then noone would have any expectations of it and it would be rather good.

I quite like it, once I got into it. Took a while as I'm more used to arcade style racers ie; your either accelerating or your braking where as with this you have to be real gentle with the brakes/acdelerator to get a good lap in...

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you end up in the gravel trap do not plant the accelerator and expect to get out of there quickly :D

The only slightly ott thing I noticed was how much the grass tries to pull your car off ot the track if you put a wheel onto it.

A4 Avant
I hate the way even if an opponent hits you, you still get a time penalty!!

I'll rent it before I buy it!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Does the time penalty actually count tho?

I racked up maybe 10 secs penalty and then finished 1st by a second.. didn't seem to take into effect the penalty

MY10 R35 GTR
aye i wasnt sure about the time penalty thing. hitting opponent off the track then yeh mayb get a time penalty but not for runnin inti the back of them if they break mid corner.

U also get a peenalty for taking to much kerb etc.

1.8 Civic EX
If you end up in the gravel trap do not plant the accelerator and expect to get out of there quickly :D

The only slightly ott thing I noticed was how much the grass tries to pull your car off ot the track if you put a wheel onto it.

haha yeah that got me a bit too!

I hate the way even if an opponent hits you, you still get a time penalty!!

I'll rent it before I buy it!

yeah a bit annoying but good in a way as it's more realistic, will stop you from just stuffing into cars on a corner to get infront and will make you avoid cars if they come near you. On track in real life if a car came close to you you'd move a bit to keep out the way not just sit there and let it hit you...

1.8 Civic EX

I racked up maybe 10 secs penalty and then finished 1st by a second.. didn't seem to take into effect the penalty

it doesn't effect your overall position in the race i don't think but in the full game it will probably have it's own adverse effects...

Lee

BMW M2C
am i alone in loving the demo then?! lol

I enjoyed it. I think it's a bit pointless though as it can't give us any idea of the true scale of what's to come in the game.

I did find myself doing lap after lap to get a better time though. :eek: That's a bad sign as it means I'll get obsessed with it.

I agree the time penalty for a car hitting you is unfair, but in some ways I like it because it will force everyone to try and race properly. No contact racing. PGR3 when everyone raced to avoid contact was amazing. Clean close racing is what I want.

A4 Avant
I prefer minimal contact, but I don't think theres anything wrong with rubbing doors on straights! Blatently taking other cars out should get a penalty!

Does anyone know if other controller layouts will be included in the final game?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm enjoying it, I don't have a problem with the graphics, they are pretty good, agreed the edges of the car's aren't great, it would nice if the same quality in the replays were possible during gameplay. I like the sound and the gameplay in it, its awesome hearing the cars down shifting gears going into corners with the exhausts singing after each gear change, then pulling away, love it. I played it initially with all the aids (other than auto gears) just to get a feel for the gameplay and to get use to the driving system, then I turned all the aids off and went straight off on the first corner, lol. But after that I found it brilliant with the aids off, very involving. I agree about the penalties, some of them are very annoying, but I think this may have been a decision by the developer to provide a game that requires minimum contact and proper concentration to play (which makes it very involving).

Thumbs up from me, still keeping my pre-order.

1.8 Civic EX

I like it too, I think the thing thats putting peeps off is it's not very pick up and play and win. Plus graphically it's not as impressive as most people were led to belive. Driving with all the aids off is going to take practice and alot at that to get very good. I was fine until I started using the R2 cars then I was a bit pap but after a few laps I was getting it....think I will get it when it comes out.

Cliosport 172

the penalty system works against your lap time not your race position, so people cant get lap records by cutting the track or using the car in front for extra brakes!! It's the same as moto gp i think

MY10 R35 GTR
im bored of the demo now i want the real thing. :) i lover how u can drift the cars. unlike gt where u get into a slide then it just becomes a mess. lol

only other thing is the replys aren't the best, sometimes its nice to to have a specttor/tv view to watch instead og constantly changing camera angles

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I enjoyed it. I think it's a bit pointless though as it can't give us any idea of the true scale of what's to come in the game.

I did find myself doing lap after lap to get a better time though. :eek: That's a bad sign as it means I'll get obsessed with it.

I agree the time penalty for a car hitting you is unfair, but in some ways I like it because it will force everyone to try and race properly. No contact racing. PGR3 when everyone raced to avoid contact was amazing. Clean close racing is what I want.

aye

spot on Lee

really looking forward to the full game...and the modifying aspect!:cool:

i've seen that vidoe where they put an RB series Skyline engine in a 350Z. i hope there is more of that in the full game

Last edited:
  172 cup
Wheres everyone preordered from? Do all stores offer the extra 7 cars if you do pre order.

Looking forward to this one coming out!

just pre-ordered mine on amazon, im away offshore monday & by the time i come home it should be sitting in my post pile :rasp: