ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 6

Goliath I
Two completely different games IMO...

Project Cars is a Simulation. All about setting up your car, hitting that perfect lap, over and over, reacting to the conditions and what's happening around you.... My tyres are going off, shall I stay out another lap? Starts to rain, do I pit straight away or see what the other do?

Forza is an Arcade. Dropped into sixth place, five laps, finish at least third, use powerups, upgrade car... Next race. An easy pickup and play.

Project Cars is a Simulation. All about setting up your car, hitting that perfect lap, over and over, reacting to the conditions and what's happening around you.... My tyres are going off, shall I stay out another lap? Starts to rain, do I pit straight away or see what the other do?

Forza is an Arcade. Dropped into sixth place, five laps, finish at least third, use powerups, upgrade car... Next race. An easy pickup and play.
Yeah. Definitely.

PC is better on so many levels..., but for me personally, and the amount of time I can put into it, forza suits me better.

PC has a brilliant level of realism and physics. Truly is an epic game.

But the forza pick up and play nature suits me better, and it's physics good enough for it not too feel to arcade.

Similar concept applies to battlefield vs cod games for me.
Battlefield is a vastly superior and more satisfying game to play, but is far more challenging and each match take much longer.
Cod is a quick fire blast, which even though it's the inferior game, I play it more.

Edit; So basically it seems I'm a lazy gamer that can't be arsed to put the time and effort into a game. Lol [emoji4]

DCi

I agree with this

Personally I find the sim aspect fun - as someone mentioned, almost no one here will do a proper qualy session and then have to think about pits and so on in a race

Before PCars it used to be GT vs Forza and most people tried to claim Forza was a sim but my point earlier was now it's quite clear that it never was- which isn't a problem, just the way it is

Ok, most of you are probably gonna think I'm lying or whatever, but I can assure you I'm not.

I've been selected to compete in the #ForzaFuel tournament in Texas! I've won a fully paid trip out there this week to compete against all the other players from the UK and other countries.

Entire event is broadcasted live on Twitch.tv from Circuit of the Americas on the 19th September and I'll be there competing against 19 other players.

I think I was selected as they saw my through-the-night attempts to get in the top 2. Was up playing it till 8am on the day it finished haha.

I ended up finishing 40'ish in Europe and 70'ish in the world. I went to check my Xbox messages at 5pm the other day, and it basically said to contact them before 5:30 of the prize would be passed on to someone else!

Really excited to get out there and go up against the other players! Fingers crossed they have a wheel. I managed to finish where I did (see above) using a controller which is promising as I'm usually faster with a wheel.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to it. Will let you all know how I get on once I return.

That's epic mate! Congrats and enjoy.

What do you do out there? Or is it a surprise?

I believe it's just a pretty big event and we all go race against each other on Forza 6. Not sure if it's time trial or what, will need to wait and see.

Winner of the players takes on some real life racing driver on Forza, too.

(Also, my first message sounded a bit rude saying you all would think I was lying haha. Wasn't intended to sound like that. It was late at night and didn't read it properly after I'd written it.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sat here playing the old Forzas trying to rack up some more points before Friday when 6 comes out.
Forza Horizon on the old xbox 360 is an amazing game , cant believe I didnt complete it. So much fun.
Whats annoying is I have 3 old 360's 2 are dead (3 rings of death) and one works. Annoyingly I completed 90% of Forza 4 on one that doesnt work and now I cant get it to load enough to sync my achievements.
Is it possible to take the hard driveout of a gen 1 xbox elite and put it into a slim 360 - the slim 360 seems to have the hard drive built in where as the elite has it stuck to the side. Dont know if I can be assed to fuk about with opening them up.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If anyone has a good score on Forza and wants to add me im Optical ox uk

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Sat here playing the old Forzas trying to rack up some more points before Friday when 6 comes out.
Forza Horizon on the old xbox 360 is an amazing game , cant believe I didnt complete it. So much fun.
Whats annoying is I have 3 old 360's 2 are dead (3 rings of death) and one works. Annoyingly I completed 90% of Forza 4 on one that doesnt work and now I cant get it to load enough to sync my achievements.
Is it possible to take the hard driveout of a gen 1 xbox elite and put it into a slim 360 - the slim 360 seems to have the hard drive built in where as the elite has it stuck to the side. Dont know if I can be assed to fuk about with opening them up.

When I switched my Elite console for a 360 Slim I used a usb stick to transfer the data. There also used to be a data transfer cable you could buy so might be worth investigating that.

If anyone has a good score on Forza and wants to add me im Optical ox uk

Added you mate :grinning:

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
When I switched my Elite console for a 360 Slim I used a usb stick to transfer the data. There also used to be a data transfer cable you could buy so might be worth investigating that.

Added you mate :grinning:
Amazing mate ! Just ordered me a transfer cable - exactly what I need Tim.

Bit of Clio action on the ring last night trying to get back into "Proper Forza".Got bored of a busy track so Set up a hardcore drivatar for a pace car (New astra VXR) and was only a few seconds behind.

f097c71a1a75ab45aba68945785ea5c1.jpg

8737e972aa5dee9cd59a618bf196b609.jpg

SQ5
I got the early release but haven't had much chance to play. Now starting the third race series.

Hopefully get some time this week to play!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Was it released yesterday? Mine was dispatched by game but i didnt get it yesterday. I think the fact that this is out but there are hardly any comments in here compared to previous releases speaks volumes about how this 'game' hasnt evolved with the times and continued to build on what was a leading physics model.

Last edited:
  SQ5
It's released Friday. Couple have early releases. It's a great game, a lot doesn't need to be changed from previous games in fairness

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Ah ok, so may not even get it today then. They need to get rid of all the top gear sh*te and concentrate on it being a proper driver's game.

Was it released yesterday? Mine was dispatched by game but i didnt get it yesterday. I think the fact that this is out but there are hardly any comments in here compared to previous releases speaks volumes about how this 'game' hasnt evolved with the times and continued to build on what was a leading physics model.
Hasn't evolved?!

You kidding? It has mod packs and prize spins after races. [emoji53]

Wtf..... mod packs.
Tyre expert, 6% more grip at certain track etc. [emoji33] shocking gimmick b****cks.

I'm sticking to PC

SQ5
Hasn't evolved?!

You kidding? It has mod packs and prize spins after races. [emoji53]

Wtf..... mod packs.
Tyre expert, 6% more grip at certain track etc. [emoji33] shocking gimmick b****cks.

I'm sticking to PC

While I admit MOST of the mod packs are a gimmick, there are some great ones like starting you close to the back of the grid to make it harder for 15% raise in credits. They work well as makes the game a little more difficult.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got my copy in the post today. Have done two races and it seems just like FM5 . Im liking the racing so far but im getting really really annoyed with the silly music. You know in FM5 it was all classical music.... well that was fun for 15 minutes..... guess what.....FM6 is bloody classical music too. Really gets on my nerves hearing monotonous violin and piano over and over.

Also as mentioned above wtf is up with mod packs ?? what a stupid idea that is. I have just had my first prize spin after 2 races and won a BMW M4 , I guess there wont be any fun now in racing in order to save up for cars. Used to quite like that.

And the music, its not even music its just random chords played, the sort you image being played in yoga classes. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REPLACE IT WITH NORMAL PEOPLE MUSIC?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Oh ....and who is 'cliosport667' off here? added as a friend and they have a good forza score infact they are in 3rd place out of my friends. Ive only got 6500 points at the moment.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Also @TimR26 has a really good score!
Tip for anyone starting out, dont pick the Golf R as a starting car, its really boring and seems like its going 20mph most of the time.

SQ5
Got my copy in the post today. Have done two races and it seems just like FM5 . Im liking the racing so far but im getting really really annoyed with the silly music. You know in FM5 it was all classical music.... well that was fun for 15 minutes..... guess what.....FM6 is bloody classical music too. Really gets on my nerves hearing monotonous violin and piano over and over.

Also as mentioned above wtf is up with mod packs ?? what a stupid idea that is. I have just had my first prize spin after 2 races and won a BMW M4 , I guess there wont be any fun now in racing in order to save up for cars. Used to quite like that.

And the music, its not even music its just random chords played, the sort you image being played in yoga classes. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REPLACE IT WITH NORMAL PEOPLE MUSIC?

What's your GT?

Turn music off and is fine!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What's your GT?

Turn music off and is fine!
optical ox uk
hope you dont have a good forza score as I am starting to drop down and down on the leaderboard now that all these pro's have added me.
EDIT - found and added you mate.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt I'll even bother with career tbh. Straight on and build something silly for tag and start drifting all over an air field probably.

With the loyalty points I've started with around 6 million credits and loads of cars. Not bothered much with career so far, done my usual of sticking to a track and building/setting up a car for it. ATM is the Clio 200 and nurburgring. Did a good build then went daft with mods and ruined it :(

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just won the Audi Lemon car on one of my first spins. bit of a piss take to get such fast cars so early on.
pDdpELq.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im finding it really fun to play so far. I have found though that the start of every race is pure comedy - you start really near the back and by the first corner you are usually in 3rd place - just dart into the inside corner and dont brake till the very last moment. Infact almost every corner you just have to get as close to the inside as possible and you will always overtake.

SQ5
Im finding it really fun to play so far. I have found though that the start of every race is pure comedy - you start really near the back and by the first corner you are usually in 3rd place - just dart into the inside corner and dont brake till the very last moment. Infact almost every corner you just have to get as close to the inside as possible and you will always overtake.

What's your drivatars difficulty set to?

TTRS & V50
Just installing now. Downloading games takes forever. Much prefer having the disc.

Love the look of my game list:

Fifa 14
FH2
FH Fast and Furious
FM5
FM6

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What's your drivatars difficulty set to?
Ahhh... hadnt changed it, it took me into assists early in the game and set that to hard then changed a few things. Just looked at drivatar and it was set to average. Changed it to highly skilled which I think i had FM5 on. Just noticed there is a "limit Aggression" option too which is pretty cool.

SQ5
Just installing now. Downloading games takes forever. Much prefer having the disc.

Love the look of my game list:

Fifa 14
FH2
FH Fast and Furious
FM5
FM6

Similar to my Forza Playing box......... I mean Xbox One!

Ahhh... hadnt changed it, it took me into assists early in the game and set that to hard then changed a few things. Just looked at drivatar and it was set to average. Changed it to highly skilled which I think i had FM5 on. Just noticed there is a "limit Aggression" option too which is pretty cool.

Yea I've got that turned on and it works well. Think I'm set to the same, takes all race to win but you usually do work for it so it's nice.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just won a 1200000CR Brabham BT24 .... crazy!

Thats 2.7 mil worth of spin cars in under an hour