ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frankenstein engine between 182 and 197, doubts about dephaser pulley

clio sport 182
Dear Guys

I need your help and maybe you can help me.

I ask appologies for my English, maybe it's not good enough as I would like it, I'm sorry.

I bought a clio 182 and also a 197 engine.

I take the block 182 and I placed all the internal parts of 197 (crank, pistons and I also placed forged rods)

I put the 182 pulley crank and clutch.

I made the pulley hole in the head to put correctly the cambelt.

I put the 197 head and intake manifold.

I change the dephaser solenoid connector (different connector 197 and 182)

Well, the doubt is it.

I'm going to use the ecu OEM 182 with a remap, but I do not know if the dephaser pulley (model 197) placed on it can work well or do I need to place the dephaser pulley 182?

Can you help me.

P.D., the reason for using the 197 dephaser pulley is because it allows more advancement in the input cam than the 182 dephaser pulley.

If I need to put the 182 dephaser pulley, somebody can you explain why or why the 197 dephaser pulley can not used on it?

Because, when the people say variable 197 or on/off 182, this is refired to the solenoid dephaser, programmation OEM Ecu or pulley dephaser mechanism?

Thanks in advance Guys.

Vicente