ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
When Alex had the car this week he noticed there was some play in my OS bottom ball joint. These are spherical bearings as part of my roll centre kit.
As you all know, my car is my daily driver which covers 250mls+ a week in all seasons and all weathers.
So the exposed bearings really do take a hiding from the life the car lives.
These bearings went in April 2020, so they haven’t done bad considering. They do get a regular cleaning/regressing too, but it’s just not enough to keep them good for any length of time without dust boots. (I’m going to investigate some universal boots for them)

2 new bearings ordered up with super service as always from McGill Motorsport. I had them fitted in about an hour. Super easy to do which was nice.
Just in time for Mondays MOT.

E92D942D-9C1E-43E8-B2DB-E9B0942BD104.jpeg
D8228434-B4C7-4CED-B03F-FC745A32DDB9.jpeg
535A0126-3CD1-4153-A76B-9349F86A6BD2.jpeg
8A51EF41-7464-4F77-BC57-0E46CC367DEC.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Approx how many miles did you do on a set of bearings? I think ill get a pair in stock at that price. Interested in dust boots too, it was something i planned on looking at for mine.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Approx how many miles did you do on a set of bearings? I think ill get a pair in stock at that price. Interested in dust boots too, it was something i planned on looking at for mine.
Wow, I’ve just looked and even I’m surprised.
They were fitted on 123k and I’ve just clocked 153k so 20,000 miles!
I think I’m future I’ll be swapping them out every 15k though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wow, I’ve just looked and even I’m surprised.
They were fitted on 123k and I’ve just clocked 153k so 20,000 miles!
I think I’m future I’ll be swapping them out every 15k though.
Thats good going. Not far off oem bottom balljoint lifespan. I certainly wont worry about my 2000 miles a year wearing them out in a hurry.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Thats good going. Not far off oem bottom balljoint lifespan. I certainly wont worry about my 2000 miles a year wearing them out in a hurry.
I do give them a proper s**t life. Rain, snow, salt the lot as well as track use. I do pack the tops with grease to act as a barrier to keep the majority of s**t out.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long time here with no updates.

I have a request as I’ve not been able to find the right info just yet. Does anyone have a part number/size or spec for the rivets used to attach the triangular blocks that support the side skirts?

Not the skirt rivets ( I have those already) the rivets for the mounts to the vehicle body.

Thanks.
2918b623-8433-499c-9353-a5b0db93a261.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long time here with no updates.

I have a request as I’ve not been able to find the right info just yet. Does anyone have a part number/size or spec for the rivets used to attach the triangular blocks that support the side skirts?

Not the skirt rivets ( I have those already) the rivets for the mounts to the vehicle body.

Thanks. View attachment 1651865
There you go fella - 7703072047
Number 5 in illustration

IMG_0776.jpeg

Link on Amazon Restagraf Aluminium Rivet Wide Head Support and Shield Absorber for Citroen/Peugeot/Renault Vehicles, 4.8 mm x 16 mm, Pack of 20 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SS5TRPR/?tag=cliospnet01-21

frayz

ClioSport Club Member

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
For those that don’t follow my Instagram (@Its_Just_a_daily). Here’s a pic dump of the latest goings on.
In short, she’s had paint on the front due to a hit & run back in February and a sympathetic freshen up of a few key areas.
Captured some micro bubbling in the rear qtrs before they became anything more and had the sills painted and then 2 pack stone chipped. This stone chip also went into the insides of the rear arch lips.

Head lights have been swapped to black inserts from a 172 and finished off with a new grille. Not forgetting genuine grille and the £40 correct bumper decals. 😅

Just clipped 162k miles too so she goes off to Alex at AW Motorworks for belts at the end of the month.

Oh and I put the anthracite wheels and R888Rs back on. 🙂
9d5108c8-802c-42ea-8fa4-3baea4b6b1cd.jpeg
6BE8BBA4-3809-48E7-9116-1CD45B315D5A.jpeg
B9F318BE-64F7-4690-86DF-85D2CB88D548.jpeg
72B18D26-8ED3-426B-BC7B-6081AB71BC91.jpeg
37754D5B-8E9A-47F2-B3D4-049B8DEFCA8C.jpeg
IMG_9267.jpeg
IMG_9277.jpeg
IMG_9303.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely to see the attention it still gets.

Who did the paint work?

Paint all done by a friend of mine, VJB Classics here in Maldon.

Reasonably new business as they were part of JD Classics and decided to go out on their own last year. These 2 lads have spent the last 20 years prepping cars for Pebble Beach, Mille Miglia and Classic LeMans.

Their work is absolutely superb and I’m really pleased with the job on it.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Thanks Nick. Still lots more to do but overall it’s still tidy.

Had similar work done to my Trophy - rear quarters / sills and bumpers as shells - it really does make a big difference no matter what mileage they have done - all your hard work / pennies makes your car really stand out - well done 👍

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I follow you on Insta. The workmanship on the bodywork is a 10/10.

Noted for next time and other projects of mine 👏🏼

Car looks great!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Thanks for posting, I don't have IG and it's aways good to see the progress you are making. It had gone quiet for a bit so I got a little worried, Car looks AMAZING!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
XPel now do ppf templates for the 172/182 ph2. I almost got the trophy done but dont drive it enough to need to spend the 1k+