ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
A few old memories mate.

20210402_104830.jpg
20210530_075755.jpg
20210530_080019.jpg
Photo 19-03-2022, 12 18 02.jpg
20200823_071948.jpg
20200823_064313.jpg
20200525_085534.jpg
IMG-20200712-WA0008.jpg
20200525_082059.jpg
20200525_082203.jpg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks to Frayz, a complete gentleman and proper enthusiast, for giving me the opportunity to acquire WZD.

While it won't be my daily, it will be enjoyed and cherished thoroughly in the same manner it was in Frayz' ownership.

Now, anyone want to buy an LY?
Ahh i may see you out my way then,as i know you go out bardfield/finchingfield for drives?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks to Frayz, a complete gentleman and proper enthusiast, for giving me the opportunity to acquire WZD.

While it won't be my daily, it will be enjoyed and cherished thoroughly in the same manner it was in Frayz' ownership.

Pleasure meeting you mate, very best wishes with it.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Least it's gone to a good home!
Mine got trailered away and all the bits taken off it and shipped to Copart 🤣🤣

This one will live on

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Link??

plenty

ClioSport Club Member
With Frayz’ blessing I'll try to continue this thread which has given me and others so much insight and enjoyment.

I’ve not usually one to document my car ownership online, mainly because I’m rubbish at photography, but for this special car I’ll try to make the effort. While I usually can’t be arsed with photos I do like to write, so please beware of crappy pics and long, rambling walls of text.

Four days since collection and it’s fair to say I’m still pinching myself. This car is every bit as outstanding in the metal as you could expect, and it feels incredibly taut to drive, like a new car. I’ve been lucky enough to own some reasonably fancy stuff over the years, but this is up there with anything in terms of the warm glow of new-car ownership. Credit to Frayz and the excellent choices, care and attention he has lavished (you'll already know this if you’re familiar with this thread).

IMG_3578.jpg

I’m no stranger to the 182, having owned a highly modified LY for the last 4.5 years and 20,000 miles. I was expecting to keep the LY a lot longer, but when the opportunity to acquire WZD came along I had to take it. The LY is stripped and caged so uncompromising. I don’t mind that myself, but the Mrs does. With WZD I can use my Clio for touring with the Mrs which we like to do often and recently have been doing in a Z4MR. A great car to do it in, except for a boot that is rather small for 2-3 weeks in Europe.

IMG_1391.jpg

I finished the two-hour journey home after collecting WZD with a painful lower back, as the Recaros weren’t in the right position for me. I've got a long torso and really short legs, and like a reclined angle. I adjusted the Pole Positions for max recline but they have long bases that dig into the back of my knees, and in this position I have to sit really close to reach the pedals. I hope I can make it work, as the seats are beautiful.

I was curious how the weight of the OZ Superleggeras on the LY compare to WZD's Evo Corse X3MAs. Both shod with 195/50/15 PSs, the Superleggeras weighed in exactly 1 kg lighter than the Evo Corse X3MA (12.65 kgs versus 13.65 kgs). In fact the difference is slightly more than that, as the PS3 on the OZ was almost new versus 50% worn on the Evo Corse.

IMG_3581.jpg

Unfortunately the Superleggeras don’t fit over WZD's Brembos – there’s enough spoke clearance, but the wheel weights foul the caliper.

After a good wheel scrub with iron fallout and a quick power wash under the arches, the Evo Corses went back on, minus the front 5mm spacers as I’m not a fan of spacers.

IMG_3587.jpg

As on the LY, WZD has PMS studs and wheel nuts and I’ve made it a habit to give the nuts a lick of paint every time they’re removed, as they do tend to rust quite quickly.

IMG_3582.jpg

I’m off tomorrow for a few days on a road trip in the Z4MR, but when I’m back it will be time to get some proper wheel time in WZD, assess the suspension setup, and get it up on a ramp to assess the condition of the undercarriage..

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
With Frayz’ blessing I'll try to continue this thread which has given me and others so much insight and enjoyment.

I’ve not usually one to document my car ownership online, mainly because I’m rubbish at photography, but for this special car I’ll try to make the effort. While I usually can’t be arsed with photos I do like to write, so please beware of crappy pics and long, rambling walls of text.

Four days since collection and it’s fair to say I’m still pinching myself. This car is every bit as outstanding in the metal as you could expect, and it feels incredibly taut to drive, like a new car. I’ve been lucky enough to own some reasonably fancy stuff over the years, but this is up there with anything in terms of the warm glow of new-car ownership. Credit to Frayz and the excellent choices, care and attention he has lavished (you'll already know this if you’re familiar with this thread).

View attachment 1710557

I’m no stranger to the 182, having owned a highly modified LY for the last 4.5 years and 20,000 miles. I was expecting to keep the LY a lot longer, but when the opportunity to acquire WZD came along I had to take it. The LY is stripped and caged so uncompromising. I don’t mind that myself, but the Mrs does. With WZD I can use my Clio for touring with the Mrs which we like to do often and recently have been doing in a Z4MR. A great car to do it in, except for a boot that is rather small for 2-3 weeks in Europe.

View attachment 1710558

I finished the two-hour journey home after collecting WZD with a painful lower back, as the Recaros weren’t in the right position for me. I've got a long torso and really short legs, and like a reclined angle. I adjusted the Pole Positions for max recline but they have long bases that dig into the back of my knees, and in this position I have to sit really close to reach the pedals. I hope I can make it work, as the seats are beautiful.

I was curious how the weight of the OZ Superleggeras on the LY compare to WZD's Evo Corse X3MAs. Both shod with 195/50/15 PSs, the Superleggeras weighed in exactly 1 kg lighter than the Evo Corse X3MA (12.65 kgs versus 13.65 kgs). In fact the difference is slightly more than that, as the PS3 on the OZ was almost new versus 50% worn on the Evo Corse.

View attachment 1710559

Unfortunately the Superleggeras don’t fit over WZD's Brembos – there’s enough spoke clearance, but the wheel weights foul the caliper.

After a good wheel scrub with iron fallout and a quick power wash under the arches, the Evo Corses went back on, minus the front 5mm spacers as I’m not a fan of spacers.

View attachment 1710561

As on the LY, WZD has PMS studs and wheel nuts and I’ve made it a habit to give the nuts a lick of paint every time they’re removed, as they do tend to rust quite quickly.

View attachment 1710562

I’m off tomorrow for a few days on a road trip in the Z4MR, but when I’m back it will be time to get some proper wheel time in WZD, assess the suspension setup, and get it up on a ramp to assess the condition of the undercarriage..
Were you dogging at Castle Hill?