ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Frayzs clio is mega,one of the best around.Proper build with no short cuts.
Thanks so much Steve.

The biggest problem is how do you price it?
I can only really go off what it would break for and the insurance value.
It’s had an agreed value for the last 4 years of £8k after the insurance company viewed it in person.

Clios don’t sell though do they, people want champagne for lemonade money.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks so much Steve.

The biggest problem is how do you price it?
I can only really go off what it would break for and the insurance value.
It’s had an agreed value for the last 4 years of £8k after the insurance company viewed it in person.

Clios don’t sell though do they, people want champagne for lemonade money.
People will see the mileage, ignore everything else and slag the car off.

Breaking it is the only way to make money. You'll make loads too.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Seats, space, usability. It’s just not that kinda vehicle mate with child seats and the like.
For days out with two kids in child seats and a pram etc. I never had an issue with my Ph1.

But going on holidays and needing loads of bags etc on top would have been problematic.

Everyone's needs are different. Just a shame to see it go.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Sad to hear you have to move it on. It was always a great project which influenced some of my choices on the RB.

As has already been mentioned, the mileage will kill the price you’re suggesting. It shouldn’t, but it will.

Lots of premium parts on it though, which should fetch decent money, provided you can find a Clio owner with good taste 😂

It’ll be sad to see you no longer in a Clio, but good luck with the sale and thank you for all the tips and advice you’ve given me over the years.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
200.gif

Practical super saloon soon to be for sale.

Comfortable seats 4 with plenty of boot space.

CS discount can be applied.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Sad to hear you have to move it on. It was always a great project which influenced some of my choices on the RB.

As has already been mentioned, the mileage will kill the price you’re suggesting. It shouldn’t, but it will.

Lots of premium parts on it though, which should fetch decent money, provided you can find a Clio owner with good taste 😂

It’ll be sad to see you no longer in a Clio, but good luck with the sale and thank you for all the tips and advice you’ve given me over the years.
Thanks mate. I suspect it won’t sell either.
I’ve got a nice mix of people telling me it’s a bargain and others saying it will never sell.
I suspect the latter.

For those that will ask - I’m looking for £8k as it will break for way more than that without too much drama. (I’ll await the onslaught of the internet to advise me of my shortcomings)

As it stands, the car winning the arms race is a phase 2 Meg 300 Trophy.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Time for a grown ups car…

Alright, it’s a nobby colour but it’s has 4 doors, isofix and not a cage or harnesses in sight.

Facelift Megane 300 Trophy
Ex Renault UK Press car
Liquid Yellow
Recaros
Trophy R Fujilight wheels and S007 rubber.
640 miles from new.

I had it serviced, 4 new tyres, wipers and mats before collecting it today.

Dad offered to run me up to Wolverhampton to collect it, so it was nice to get a run out in the Vantage. Not driven it for ages, it’s still such an epic looker and that 4.7ltr V8 makes a lovely racket when you burry the noisy pedal.

The Megane is going to take some time to get acquainted with. It’s got more menus than The Ivy in London!
Initial impresssions are … it’s bloody brilliant!
Chassis feels hyper alert and the damping is firm but still feels plenty plush enough. Diff and steering is just mega and the best bit of the car I think. Engine sounds good and it’s got plenty of yobbo noises in “Race”.
Motor feels a little flat down low but keep it on the boil and it really gets moving.
Interior is push enough to feel really good quality and special but still familiar Renault.
Cup holders are s**t, arm rest is s**t, CarPlay isn’t wireless which is annoying.
Surprisingly quiet at motorway speeds even on S007s, but feels like it wants a 7th gear for cruising.

It’s absolutely filthy with lots of ingrained grime, so wants a proper clean and decontamination.
Lots to learn and explore but feels absolutely mega and imo looks the business.

E7BD74D0-B728-4C05-8115-80716C57C0FA.jpeg
IMG_7488.jpeg
IMG_7489.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg

Flat Eric

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Didn't realise you'd got this from Wolverhampton Renault.
Looks spot on though! Enjoy it