ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Big shout out to Tony @ VintagsUK for custom making me a pair of new decals. These are absolutely spot on and the silver decal is still an anti tamper VOID when removed.

Some might say expensive for what may be considered as just stickers but well worth replacing the damaged items and getting these details right.

488880CF-F7C2-4CCD-BC09-3373A1AEC6A1.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
WZD has worn its BTM exhaust system for 8 years, and after removing it this morning, it’s practically as mint now as the day it was fitted.
The BTM has only been removed as I fancy a change and have been intrigued by the hype that’s always surrounded the Orbisoud system. I have to say I’m not a great fan of the inwardly rolled Orbisoud outlets but they may grow on me.
The system fitted up well in no time at all.

BTM removed.
5087C262-61DD-48E2-AAED-000F5C556E48.jpeg

Orbisoud fitted.
BF75EF16-A369-4A75-86A8-12CCDAE01584.jpeg
ADB87956-9370-40B6-97F1-76F343C2613B.jpeg
B3A8928A-F16C-499A-9ABD-8B8727A17FA2.jpeg
D72E7A20-9A27-4DFA-87F7-4CEAD715849C.jpeg
E0037D3B-BFEA-4FE0-AC9D-EA978DF10E98.jpeg
62A4B3C5-4A1C-408B-BCD9-E9536CFBA41B.jpeg

BTM left, Orbisoud right.
7E138FBF-127F-424A-A19F-5067E28DA2A8.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the look of the orbi tbh. Like OEM, but bigger

My favourite would be if I could get a genuine Cup Racer one as they had just dead straight cut outlets and I like the “no frills” motorsport look.
I imagine I’ll break the Clio Internet if I was to cut the outlets off a genuine Orbisoud system though. 😂

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
My favourite would be if I could get a
genuine Cup Racer one as they had just dead straight cut outlets and I like the “no frills” motorsport look.
I imagine I’ll break the Clio Internet if I was to cut the outlets off a genuine Orbisoud system though. 😂

No offense but the cup racer looks naff imo. As Cookson says the tips on now look oem but better.
Nice exhaust

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the look of the fat rolled tips on the Orbi too. I assume getting hold of a cup racer one would be a challenge so dare I say if you really don't like the tips but do the exhaust then just have them cut off and replaced. @moktabe has the look you're after on his V6.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the look of the fat rolled tips on the Orbi too. I assume getting hold of a cup racer one would be a challenge so dare I say if you really don't like the tips but do the exhaust then just have them cut off and replaced. @moktabe has the look you're after on his V6.

Wost case you can get a new one from Orbisoud but they'll charge you plenty for it.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thats what i like about them ha.. you know me dude... im a bit mad :D

Not at all. I'm totally with you. There is something really cool about them. Reminds me of the Ashley Group N system on my old rally car. No chrome, no fancy shapes, just pure function over from.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Not at all. I'm totally with you. There is something really cool about them. Reminds me of the Ashley Group N system on my old rally car. No chrome, no fancy shapes, just pure function over from.

Yeah i like it that way too. Just a pair of brushed finish straight cut outlets.
We shall see what happens though. Ive gone from an OEM cat & catback to a decat with centre silencer. So i need to make sure im happy first with whatever i do lol.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
So im, 4 days into the Orbisoud and was asked on the Trophy forum as to my thoughts vs the BTM. For what its worth, this was my response for anyone interested.

Sound I think is slightly better on the Orbisoud, It’s got a deeper more angry tone than the BTM. It’s certainly gotten better over the last few days driving.
Having said that, the Orb is a silenced decat and my BTM is a cat back.
You can feel the cars lost a little bit of torque around the 3k rpm area but the motor certainly feels less restricted and revs much more freely. This is most noticeable when bliping for heel/toe. Dispite the slight torque loss, the way the car drives decatted is far more to my liking.

Fitment on the Orb is very good, infact it’s one of my favourite things about it, it fits the bumper outlets perfectly. Doesn’t knock or touch anywhere underneath and I like the fact it bolts directly to the boot floor and does away with the OEM triangle mounts.
It does however only have 2 mounts at the rear and this allows a little more movement than I’d like. For this reason it does touch the bumper cutouts under hard load. I know this because now the exhaust has a layer of dirt on it, I can see clean witness marks around the outlets where it must just kiss the bumper trims.

Build quality is reasonable but far from spectacular. I’d say my BTM is built every bit aswell as the Orbisoud, In some areas the BTM is actually better.
Frankly my Simpsons system on my Impreza makes the Orbisoud look like a lump of French pig iron. It’s far better than the off the peg Milteks, Scorpions etc, but also a far cry from a proper motorsport exhaust. I think anyone that does cartwheels about an Orbisound’s quality has never seen a proper race exhaust.

I’m also not a fan of the inwardly rolled outlets or the slightly pointed down angle they have. I’d much prefer a straight cut pipe like that of the cup racers. I’d also like to try it with a sports cat and delete the centre silencer.
Not sure if I can bring myself to cut up an Orbisoud to have other tips fitted, probably cheaper to sell it and buy a different system.

Overall I like it for the most part and if you like the asthetics of them, i don’t think you’d be disappointed buying one. It certainly sounds nice.

Ive also found Orbisouds customer service and response to be absolutely appalling.
This alone makes me not want to own one as they’re not cheap. To buy one at £850/£900 it’s strong money, but £1300 quid though, not a chance.

I may still sell it, so if anyones genuinely interested I could move it on to chase something even better, all be it at greater cost.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Big shout out to Tony @ VintagsUK for custom making me a pair of new decals. These are absolutely spot on and the silver decal is still an anti tamper VOID when removed.

Some might say expensive for what may be considered as just stickers but well worth replacing the damaged items and getting these details right.

View attachment 1484320
That pleases me, I cant justify the cost of doing mine yet, they've gone exactly the same. Was the upper one only fitted to cup cars?

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
This is what I didn’t want, to have to start hacking bits up. I liked the idea of a totally OEM style fitting item. In the 197, they have the bumper meeting the edge of the duct, but the aperture in the 172/182 is larger even though they use the same lamp unit.

Your correct, carry over item, same part numbers [emoji1360]

Don’t know what’s happened here, seem to have loaded another 15 days worth of posts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2371][emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
@frayz was really good to finally meet you, the Inferno is looking mighty impressive, absolutely well put together, a great day out too

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Shame you don't get on with it but that should sell. Old exhaust going back on?
For the time being. There’s so much I like about the Orbisoud yet not enough for me to keep it. The money could be put towards me having something made that ticks all my boxes. The only other one currently for sale is a cup racer version with straight cut outlets at €1300.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
€1300 euros was like £500 not too long ago..

Custom made would be awesome though, exactly the sound you want with the exact tips you want. Full titanium system? ;)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Ha,
€1300 euros was like £500 not too long ago..

Custom made would be awesome though, exactly the sound you want with the exact tips you want. Full titanium system? ;)

Ha, full titanium would be lovely purely from a weight aspect, but the cost outweighs any benefit in my application really. If the Orbisoud sells I’ll be going back to Matt at Simpson Race Exhausts. Arguably you could buy another Clio for the cost of a Simpson system but the fit and finish is a different league. Only trouble is resale, arguably an Orbisoud is well known but who is likely to spend the money on an SRE?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Nobody is, but if you don't have any plans to sell and would keep this car for another couple of years (decades?) then why not. Try buying a new exhaust for the Porsche and then the same price would be a steal!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If you are happy with the current system why dont you get it cut back to nearer the silencer and then get some custom removable tail trims - you can then have a different set for your mood - like pairs of shoes...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Nobody is, but if you don't have any plans to sell and would keep this car for another couple of years (decades?) then why not. Try buying a new exhaust for the Porsche and then the same price would be a steal!

Ha, exactly mate. The Cayman wears a full titanium Remus and Fabspeed headers. That little lot is around £5500.

Some people appreciate high quality items and others don’t, and never will.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
If you are happy with the current system why dont you get it cut back to nearer the silencer and then get some custom removable tail trims - you can then have a different set for your mood - like pairs of shoes...
I looked at doing exactly this and concluded it would be more cost effective to sell and have a complete new setup made.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely write up for the Orbi, I absolutely loved my BTM exhaust on the 182.

As someone that owns an Akra titanium exhaust, I’m in the camp that pays for quality items and can admire quality over mass produced crap. I think a Simpson motorsport exhaust is the way forward - especially going with the thought that the car is a forever car.

Get some raw stainless single walled tips on there!!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely write up for the Orbi, I absolutely loved my BTM exhaust on the 182.

As someone that owns an Akra titanium exhaust, I’m in the camp that pays for quality items and can admire quality over mass produced crap. I think a Simpson motorsport exhaust is the way forward - especially going with the thought that the car is a forever car.

Get some raw stainless single walled tips on there!!
Rob you know me too well bro. 😅👌🏼I can’t see my Clio being anything but a forever car, it took me long enough to get it back. Lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ha, exactly mate. The Cayman wears a full titanium Remus and Fabspeed headers. That little lot is around £5500.

Some people appreciate high quality items and others don’t, and never will.

Fabspeed and high quality first time ive seen those words together :ROFLMAO:

Custom is probably the only way to go as exhaust sounds is a very personal thing , my 182 has a piper cat back which is meant to be one of the quietest aftermarket but even that has a bit of a drone at cruising speeds.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Fabspeed and high quality first time ive seen those words together :ROFLMAO:

Custom is probably the only way to go as exhaust sounds is a very personal thing , my 182 has a piper cat back which is meant to be one of the quietest aftermarket but even that has a bit of a drone at cruising speeds.
I agree on the Fabspeed stuff, although I didn’t purchase them, I have to say their customer service has been outstanding. The titanium Remus however is lovely.