ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

free k&n r/r and filter kit on the 172

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
went to k&n warrington today to see if i could looka t the typhoon kit, the guy found out i had a 172 mrk1, and he asked could they design a new kit for it......... so my car is in there for 2 days, ( they gave me a new 206 1.1 8v lol) and i ket the new apollo kit in silver fitted with feeds etc, and pre r/r and a after r/r . cant wait the kit looks smart, lets see how it goes the 182 they di last week got 9 bhp..........

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
oh, well juz quotin what he said and showed to me, at the end of the day i get a free filter

Ad

MK2 FRS
ben_p said:
the 206 is sloowwww btw

Will be worth it. Don't be doin what you did to the last one, otherwise it'll be the most expensive induction on market...... ;)

clio 172 mk2
I have done some tests in a r/r with the original air filter v/s BMC CDA induction kit in my 172 mk2. Based on the results I obteined, I think is almost imposible to gain 9 bhp with just changing the air filter.

anyway, you are very lucky!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice one mate, keep us posted with the result...
I somehow doubt K&N would fix the results, Ultimately it's their necks on the line if the kit doesn't yield the increased BHP/Torque.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
nice one mate, keep us posted with the result...
I somehow doubt K&N would fix the results, Ultimately it's their necks on the line if the kit doesn't yield the increased BHP/Torque.
thats what i was thinking^^^get her back on wed night or thursday, i also got a free k&n lil filter keyring, n a t-shirt lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Image055.jpg

Image056.gif

thats the sexy motor i got for 2 days

182 Full Fat
Very nice mate! Haha. I am interested in the figures that this new filter is stating. Wonder what thr RRP will be

well i for one do not trust the k&n rolling road, it showed the 182 they done to have over 300lb ft of torque iirc, it was someone on here

9bhp, maybe at one point in the rev range, but i very much doubt it was throughout the range

have you been into their testing room? how cold? that may also explain some of the gains, air temperature makes a considerable difference to power

do not believe their claims of 9bhp from a filter alone!

good going though to get it for free, shame it's a k&n though :(

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
jonesyx said:
On those Saturdays, when kids go out and play?!
lol kinda we managed to dissolve 2 gearboxes and clutchs on a micra and almera both (courtsy cars)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Bryan said:
well i for one do not trust the k&n rolling road, it showed the 182 they done to have over 300lb ft of torque iirc, it was someone on here

9bhp, maybe at one point in the rev range, but i very much doubt it was throughout the range

have you been into their testing room? how cold? that may also explain some of the gains, air temperature makes a considerable difference to power

do not believe their claims of 9bhp from a filter alone!

good going though to get it for free, shame it's a k&n though :(

yer think it was 9hp in one part and 4 avg, the room looked very smart prob the best r/r setup i have seen, air was 17c i think, the kit looks good i dont wana say one or the other untill i get the results

Ad

MK2 FRS
Your probably better suited to that 206!!!!!
(The roads are a safer place around warrantington!!)

Pics Ive seen of the Apollo look mint!! But it aint there for that reason suppose.

You aint nothing to lose by trying it!!

Snotter's
it is probably at certain revs you get the big increase but id put money that it loses power in some areas,they did the typhoon kit on a 106 gti and whilst it did give a max bhp inc very high in the revs it lost power lower down and made it worse to drive

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol, ahh well il just sell it if it does, the 206 doesnt have a k&n i asked why and he said summet to do with the insurance policy

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
got mine back today, ands it the best i have had on so far, i had the viper, and the bmc, but this is by far the best for performance and sound, throttle response is up 10fold, also power though the whole rev range, is up and there is plenty more torque! 9/10 the viper was the best id had until this. the viper lost power!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the kit alos has a silcone bend. fully intergrated air feed, and the crank case breather has been put into the the they make a adaption for it

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
its the same size of the viper, the internal filter is rated to 300 bhp, its a good size and it works

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the guy took one apart for me, ive seen it, its not the biggest filter in the world but why does it need to be? it has shown gains on the roller and on the road, i know the r/r is goining to be a bit bias, but the car is diff! i had most filters that are out onthe market, and i wasnt expecting this to be a good one but it has shocked me in every way

it's shown gains on their rollers, have a look at the other k&n typhoon thread and read my comment about their testing room ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
4hp at one point and 3hp avg. 6fpt the standard was the same as when i had it r/r last at minispeed, 144 atws

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
better than the 2 the bmc gets and the viper so yer, most ik on the f4r loose power!!!!!!!!!