ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FREESAT HD STRAIGHT SWAP FOR SKY+ BOX?

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Thinking of get Freesat HD and was wondering if I could install this myself.

Would the freesat box plug straight in using the existing Sky+ cables.

Fed up with paying Sky £50 a month for channels that I just don't watch.

Thanks for the advise.

Clio Sport 172
Is it any good?

Aint there like a box that uses sky's cables and gets loads of free channels? There is some on ebay but you need a different sat dish (I Think)

Asked a few sellers on E-bay and the reply I am getting is that a Sky dish and existing feeds will work.

Not sure how good it is all I know is I am paying Sky £50 a month and 90% of the channels I watch can be viewed on free view.

I will also have the added channels BBC HD & ITV HD .

No sky movies or sports but I hardy watch these.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Is it any good?

Aint there like a box that uses sky's cables and gets loads of free channels? There is some on ebay but you need a different sat dish (I Think)

If you have a movable satellite dish then you can watch crap from all over the world for free but considering you dont watch free crap in this country it doesnt seem worth it. just get Freesat!

Black Gold 182 FF
If you are not interested in the HD freesat channel(s) and you are outside the 12 month sky contract just cancel the contract and use the sky box for the free channels.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get the humax box

Theres a humax PVR out very soon, wait for that if you can.

U get HD channels with Freesat, Humax box just has the CA for recieving freesat and be connected to your PC i believe. both boxes are straight swap.

If you are not interested in the HD freesat channel(s) and you are outside the 12 month sky contract just cancel the contract and use the sky box for the free channels.

So will Free Sat HD give me no extra channels other than the HD ones.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Guy from work recently got free stat hd... was all hyped and now he's saying it's a complete waste of money. He said the only HD channel he receives is BBC and that's not even HD all the time. Lives in London too..

So basically I am better off just cancelling my Sky contract.

Anyone got link to the channel I would still get.

You are better off with the contract at the mo. but we are Launching a few more (around 5 HD and 10 SD) in the near future.

Black Gold 182 FF
If you cancelled the contract you would still receive:

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/freesat-tv-choice.aspx

Freesat/Freesat HD and Freesat from sky are not the same thing. You get channel 5 with a cancelled sky box- no 5 on freesat/freesat HD.

The Humax PVR box (which is not out yet, the non PVR version is) for Freesat is a HD PVR that works with Freesat not freesat from sky, complicated aint it. :S