ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2013

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

That was why I said it and with Mark being a Scot, I'm sure he wouldn't forget his fellow Scots.

I am lucky as its only an hour or two usually away from where I am. But wouldn't want to do that a9 at silly o'clock in the morning...as went to Kinloss a few years ago.

Clio 1.2
Had a slight problem with something will let you know as soon as I know anything

Mark is in Birmingham at the International Autosport show until Sunday so I'm unsure of when it will be released

It seems really daft - the people on the pre-show-organisation group have been told for a while now, it's booked (hence the dates being announced) but their holding back the location announcement.
Doesn't make a lot of sense

Clio 1.2
I don't think that many people know tbh mate, a few just have an idea where it might be not for certain though I only found out the other day but that's only to making a few things for it

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
It seems really daft - the people on the pre-show-organisation group have been told for a while now, it's booked (hence the dates being announced) but their holding back the location announcement.
Doesn't make a lot of sense

Yeah that does seem a bit stupid. Whats the point in that?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd rather do Blyton than Combe - Combe bores the s**t out of me :(

Combe on a trackday I find boring, but when its busy its epic, the relatively simple layout makes it great fun picking your way through traffic and the tarmac is first rate which really helps with tyre life and grip etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Did the venue get given out in the end?

Pretty bored of the whole "top secret" thing, every serious event is happy to publish its venue so god knows why they are making such a joke out of this one by not doing so for so long? I just cant see the logic in not giving people as much notice as possible of where and when it is so that they can decide if they want to go and make plans accordingly.
Lets say it was at knockhill for example (ie a very long way from me), if I know that in plenty of time I have more chance of making plans to go than if I have less time, its just nuts!

1.2 clio
Ok just had a look on there Facebook page still nothing but this hole new camping thing is making me think Santa pod :\ I hope I'm wrong!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Chip - I can kind of understand to a degree but also agree with you. We've booked the venue for CSS 2013 and confirmed a date, but this is the only post teasing taht information. Much better to release everything together I think.

clio sold :(
I wouldnt mind going santa pod. I go few times a year (whos coming fast show) +
I can add another car photo to my going collection on cars ive taken down the strip.
My clio might beat somthing this year.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip - I can kind of understand to a degree but also agree with you. We've booked the venue for CSS 2013 and confirmed a date, but this is the only post teasing taht information. Much better to release everything together I think.

Yeah, rather than mess people about just tell them where and when it is and how much it costs at once and then let them decide if they want to come or not.
With the price of fuel these days it effectively means that we dont know how much the event is really going to cost us until they tell us how far to drive, also if its a long way people might need the friday off work so might need to book that and the later it is before they do so the more likely they cant because a colleague has the date off etc.
I can see lots of downsides to with holding the information, but no upside TBH, all the major events I go to like Ford Fair for example, publish the data in plenty of time and hence get visitors from all over europe come for it as they have long enough to plan the trip properly as its a good 9 months worth of notice that people get given.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I want to plan my year. If I'm coming to this, I need to block those dates out.

Where the venue is is key in my decision to go or not...as Chip says, it's a pain in the arse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is it Mark?????

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nothing serious. I've dropped him a text so I'll let you know when he plans to let people know where it is.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Bobby, it sounds like it was meant to be yesterday but Mark is injured, so lets just all be patient for a few days and hope he is ok.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Luke do you have a date for when the location can be released?

Yes, he's waiting for the website to be updated before he releases the info as it's still 2012's site. He said in the next couple of days, so i'm assuming that means Monday.

Chip - He's alright as he's at autosport today, so wasn't too bad of an injury I don't think!

I'm kinda bored of it now - I don't know if they're trying to hype it up or they're scared to tell people where it is. I suspect the latter TBH. :(

The PFC website has been down for like 6 months now too. They need to pay for a proper developer rather than relying on favours.

I am seriously looking forward to CSS 2013 - it was my favourite 'show' last year. FCS is boring and Trax was awful.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Our new venue is really cool I think. Absolutely massive as well! Hopefully will get the chance post up the details on this evening or Saturday. :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
CSS is better than FCS in my opinion. I loved it last year, I just had the ex with me though and she was bored! Ffs

182cup & 172 racecar
Coombe 26th-28th July ?

Morning sessions:

1 hour split into 4x 15min slots = £25 each
2 hour open pit lane = £75

Lunch for an hour

Afternoon sessions:

2 hour open pit lane = £75

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Coombe 26th-28th July ?

There isnt anything else currently listed for that date at combe, so fingers crossed that is the case!

Im struggling to think were you would have a "live action arena" at combe though, there isnt much tarmac out than the pits and the track.

182cup & 172 racecar
There isnt anything else currently listed for that date at combe, so fingers crossed that is the case!

Im struggling to think were you would have a "live action arena" at combe though, there isnt much tarmac out than the pits and the track.
Doubt it will be track time all three days Chip. So there's a clue.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Doubt it will be track time all three days Chip. So there's a clue.

Hmm, the friday is late though, I dont think they will be allowed a live action arena there in the evening cause of the noise limits, combe are REALLY limited on how many days they can make noise and they describe sunday as just chillout.

Also combe dont do many events with camping, they seem to be quite choosey about who they let camp there.

REALLY hope I am wrong and you are right though mate, I would love for this event to be at combe!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
CSS is better than FCS in my opinion. I loved it last year, I just had the ex with me though and she was bored! Ffs

I liked CSS for the social side of it, and it was certainly FAR better laid out and more smoothly run etc (although to be fair to FCS thats easier when you have far more spaces than cars like at CSS) but it didnt compete for me with getting out on track at donnington at FCS, such an epic track and far more exciting than a museum, even though I did enjoy both.