ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2013

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Coombe 26th-28th July ?

Morning sessions:

1 hour split into 4x 15min slots = £25 each
2 hour open pit lane = £75

Lunch for an hour

Afternoon sessions:

2 hour open pit lane = £75

Does that mean its 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon or are they running 2 hours only in the morning and 2 hours only in the afternoon with some cars as seasoned and some as open pitlane at the same time like when they do charity rides?

Hope it's 4 and 4 so I can get about 10 sessions in!

where are you getting the info from tony?

is cliosport going to book a couple of sessions exclusively?

is it French only on track or open to anyone?

172 cup
Might come to this as its just down the m4. Can you just turn up and run your car or do you need to bring your own helmets etc?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Not far off a 600 mile round trip from Teesside. Dread to think that the scottish lot have to drive that!

Clio 1.2
Might come to this as its just down the m4. Can you just turn up and run your car or do you need to bring your own helmets etc?

Might have to pre book track time might aswell get a ticket while you're there and yeah you will need a helmet

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Does that mean its 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon or are they running 2 hours only in the morning and 2 hours only in the afternoon with some cars as seasoned and some as open pitlane at the same time like when they do charity rides?

Hope it's 4 and 4 so I can get about 10 sessions in!

Going on the fact the show opens at 8am and closes at 5pm that fits perfectly with 4 hour morning & afternoon sessions with an hour break for lunch.

But who knows? Maybe Tony...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Going on the fact the show opens at 8am and closes at 5pm that fits perfectly with 4 hour morning & afternoon sessions with an hour break for lunch.

But who knows? Maybe Tony...

Depends how long the track is shut for them to use it for other things but I agree there should be 8 hours there hopefully :)
unusual format to be splitting it like that.

clio 182 sport
Well happy its at castle combe, its only up the road, ive never been to a car show with a club before. :) deffo coming to this one.

Castle coombe! feck driving that far down, i will give it a miss:(

218 miles away for me then so that's a bit s**t!

550 miles for me!! Looking pretty unlikely that ill be going

Not far off a 600 mile round trip from Teesside. Dread to think that the scottish lot have to drive that!

Another one that's like 410 mile round trip! This one I'm not so sure about going to now lol.

This is the response I think most people will give - it's a 4hr drive each way for me which means I won't be going even though my club probably will be.
I think 106owners are now looking at doing their own day (like CSS) purely because of how far away and awkward combe is to get to.
Horrible location - Mallory would have been better.

I'm looking forward to CSS :D

Castle Combe is f**king miles away, almost a 5hour drive from middlesbrough in e north east then 3nights in a hotel it's going to work out a fortune, think I will give it a miss like I think a lot if not most from the north will(absolute joke for the Scottish lads) disappointing they havnt tried to make it central for everyone which is only fair.

Should rename it Southern French Car Show!

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Might be more French people there because its closer to France ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Couple of hours closer to me than Donnington, but I didnt b**ch and whinge and moan when it was there, like the northern lot are now, they only have to drive the same extra distance now that I had to before, lol

Couple of hours closer to me than Donnington, but I didnt b**ch and whinge and moan when it was there, like the northern lot are now, they only have to drive the same extra distance now that I had to before, lol

It's an AWFUL drive to get to combe - takes me about 4hrs and I'm smack bang in the midlands lol

I wouldn't mind but it's a very boring track, 20 cars on combe will be *yawn*
The cost of getting down there and camping/hotel etc.. would pay for a track day at Donington - I know what I'm gonna do lol

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
30 miles from me. Probably won't go, it's way too far. 60 mile round trip!

Hope they arrange it for my hometown next year so I can walk.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd go if it was in Cornwall, or up in Scotland somewhere. It's a weekend event. I don't mind where it is.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well it's a 760 mile round trip for me and I'm just in central Scotland. I fully accept that most people are down south and therefore there's a bigger local audience but that is just too much for a national meet for me to be able to justify financially. It would end up being 800 miles plus, 2 nights in a hotel, 5 meals out inc breakfasts.

Donnington was far enough south IMO. May do CSS instead as I at least has family close by I can stay with but I am disappointed. If I was going to travel that far for a car show I'd go slightly further and go to the festival of speed.

So far the feedback from fellow Scots echoes this. And they are all used to travelling distance for big meets so I think that indicates just how far this is.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's an AWFUL drive to get to combe - takes me about 4hrs and I'm smack bang in the midlands lol

I used to go past combe on my way to donnington pretty much and yet I never moaned about the same roads you are whinging about now.

If you dont like driving your car, get a different hobby, FLOL

In my eyes, the road trip is a great part of the show weekend experience. Most shows at such tracks as Donny or Silverstone are a 550 mile round trip for me.

It's nice to have a show under the old 400mile round trip mark for a change.

I'll be there for sure.

Albi blue 197
Same here Kork they need to pick things more central doubt ill be going too far! Piss take tbh always things for people down south :/

Twingo Dynamique
longer distance = more reason for a massive convoy = more impressive when you all arrive = makes the banter escalate = worth it

for me i wouldnt really care how far it is, :L seeing as it only comes around once a year!