ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From collies to standard?

BG 182 FF
Just a few quick questions. I bought my sport with gaz collies already on, but for day to day use they are too harsh imo, due to the great upkeep that the council does on the roads.
Plus has the problem that I know some other people have has where the top mount doesn't fit snug.
Anyway apart from springs and shocks, would I need to buy anything else on the front and the rear to go with the suspension, I say this because I am sure you dont use a part when you fit collies that you had on a standard setup.

thank you for reading, advice would be greatfully received
nick :)

Dodgy one
Yes topmounts f+r and the rubber insert for the rear springs, How many miles have your Gaz's done? and will they be for sale?

S4 Avant
I'm sure I could do you a swap for my standard suspension, with your Gaz coilies!

...I say standard, but it's on some slighter lower springs. Very slightly lower.

BG 182 FF
Yes topmounts f+r and the rubber insert for the rear springs, How many miles have your Gaz's done? and will they be for sale?
Fronts have done about 400 miles and dont know about rears because they were on when I bought it. And they maybe depends what happens.

I'm sure I could do you a swap for my standard suspension, with your Gaz coilies!

...I say standard, but it's on some slighter lower springs. Very slightly lower.

What springs they lowered on m8y, and how much? How many miles has your suspension covered? :), this does tempt me because it saves a lot of hassle:)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The standard set up is VERY good if you ask me. Iv bought some coilovers though as i want it to sit a little better but im worried it wont be as good round the bends :( All I would reccomend you buying extra is a set of aftermarket top mounts buddy - especially if the standard ones have been on there a while.

S4 Avant
I honestly don't know what springs they are, as they were on the car when I bought it, but they're red. The drop at the rear is probably 15mm, and the front maybe 30mm? But dampers all round are fine.

BG 182 FF
The standard set up is VERY good if you ask me. Iv bought some coilovers though as i want it to sit a little better but im worried it wont be as good round the bends :( All I would reccomend you buying extra is a set of aftermarket top mounts buddy - especially if the standard ones have been on there a while.

The top mounts are brand knew m8y but they dont sit snug as they should for some reason, and it handles very well but for going to work 90ish round trip daily the ride is a tad stiff for me.

I honestly don't know what springs they are, as they were on the car when I bought it, but they're red. The drop at the rear is probably 15mm, and the front maybe 30mm? But dampers all round are fine.

Sounds good m8y, any pics?
Just a bit of info on the collies fronts are brand new due to the old ones leaking, and the rears are fine but dont know how long they have been on for.
I will send you a pm when I can upload the pics of how my top mounts are sitting just so you know m8y. :)

S4 Avant
Cheers, in regards to pictures, I'll try my best to get some tomorrow, obviously the front setup can be barely seen, but the rears are easy to photo.

I'll await your pm.

BG 182 FF
Cheers, in regards to pictures, I'll try my best to get some tomorrow, obviously the front setup can be barely seen, but the rears are easy to photo.

I'll await your pm.

cheers m8y, just think its fair so you can see, has been to a well respected garage and they can't understand why, but I know other people on here have had the similar thing occuring. I will probably pm you on friday m8, because wont be able get on here tomorrow. :)