ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front and rear strut brace, worth it?

172Petey

Strut bracer.co.uk do both front and rear OMP strut braces costing a ton. Are they worth is, would be for my cup, will i notice much improvment on the already awsome standard suspension?

In Anthracite too, so would look nice an subtle imo.

Do they do a lower front one aswell?

Cup'd Monaco 172
I think bracing is becoming less and less important on newer cars as the shells are getting stiffer in standard form.

I wouldn't bother.

Out of interest as anyone fully caged a clio and noticed an handling improvement?

Just a bolt in cage made a huge different on my 205, but they are pretty flimsy.

172Petey

Thats what I thought, just wondered of any one had "braced up" and felt a difference?!

182 inside
i'm fitting a cage because i don't believe the strut braces on the clio make much difference if any.

I don't see many clio cup teams running strut braces.

172Petey

Good point, but I cant remember if i saw the cup cars with or with out braces on them last time i was at brands!

I dont want to get a cage, too hardcore for me! :eek:

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've got mine caged and certainly noticed the difference is handling when it was bolted/welded down.

As for the strut braces i've got both front and rear, rear one does nothing but the front did feel a bit more tight after

172Petey

Im not so bothered about looks, it will add weight so if its no good then its not going on!!

i ran FK highsport coilovers from october until july on mine, then added a front strut brace and i noticed a huge difference to the handling......seemed so much more stiffer, like the car was being driven through the tyres more than anything else....feels so much better to drive

Evo IX -06
i have heard that front is waste and rear is more important... clio is perfectly stiff in front @ standard

don't get the rear! it will be really anoyingly noisey and will prob damage your shocks! I noticed a difference with the front, slightly better steering feel and... maybe its just me but slightly better traction from standing start (noticed in the wet).. then again i notice the difference between 95/98 ron fuel. Hope that makes sense. i am drunk.

TDI tyre shreader
Strut bracer.co.uk do both front and rear OMP strut braces costing a ton. Are they worth is, would be for my cup, will i notice much improvment on the already awsome standard suspension?

In Anthracite too, so would look nice an subtle imo.

Do they do a lower front one aswell?

Beware of Strut bracer i've heard bad things about them