ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Bumpers - RS or Standard - Are they interchangeable (Differences?)

Aston Martin Vantage
Hi,

Need to replace the front bumper on my 172 in Monaco Blue (2002 Model).

Ideally, I'm looking for a used bumper in the correct colour to avoid the hassle/cost of painting it.

Been on e-bay and nothing comes up apart from 172/182 in different colours and also quite pricey.

There are more standard bumpers for sales and they are much cheaper so just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit with no modification?

Cheers

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I believe you CAN make it work, but the bumper is designed for use with the wider wings from the 172 and those wings are designed to work with the side skirts

You need an RS one. The non RS ones look different, big rub strip on them and different round the fog lights etc.

Aston Martin Vantage
I was on my way to take part in a Night Scatter Rally (dark country roads). On the way to the start something fell off a Wagin that was coming towards me around a corner and it wiped out my bumper, front wing, arch liner and drivers door. Not what I was expecting.
Anyway, was able to continue with the event but the car is looking a little sorry for itself.