ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end refresh with 172 cup spec arms.

I have a 52 plate 172 and I am looking to do a front end refresh on my car - new wishbone bushes, ball joints, anti roll bar bushes etc.

Having got some prices from Renault for the whole lower arm they seem quite reasonable so I will just be replacing these and fitting uprated anti roll bar bushes at the same time.

My main question is - Would it be worth upgrading to the 172 Cup spec lower arms to give the increased castor as these are basically the same price.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes, its VERY worthwhile IMHO if you are ever going to go near a track or drive the car in a spirited fashion on the road.

Cool, thanks Chip.

Having read through a few recent threads it looked to be a good idea, just wanted to make sure there was no issues with fitting 172Cup arms to a normal 172.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The only potential downside really is it might rub on full lock if you are on low offset wheels and lowered

Ok thanks.

Don't suppose you know the part numbers for the cup spec arms? Just want to make sure I order the right parts.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry mate I didnt keep note of the part number when they arrived and when I looked the other day when someone else asked the stickers arent readable anymore :(