ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end suspesion knock

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi guys,
So I have this thing for years - there are audible knocks coming from the front - nothing really loud but drives me bonkers as I went to different garrages and all semms good:
Bushes are powerflex purple on the ARB, lower arm bushes are ok, ball joints ok, rack bushes ok, no other play detected upon inspections
I'm running GAZ gha at the moment with k tec solid mounts (front coilies are in good condition- i use coilover shocks- no leaks etc)
Changed the bearings in the solid mounts last year but the knock is still there. It's mostly present when driving on smaller bumps.
Brake calipers also checked as I heard of potential knock if the caliper carrier and guide pins are damaged but I also refreshed those recently.
The car has this even before I was running the current suspension setup so couldn't blame this on the shocks or the solid mounts (which I consider a very nice thing to have btw :) )
Am I missing something?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Check your subframe bolts.

@Niall had a slight knock on his and we couldn't trace it for ages until we tried the subframe bolts. The rear one on the driver's side was a bit loose.

This seems to have cured it.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
As James says, we were chasing the same thing on mine.

Found that the rear right subframe bolt could be tightened up a turn or so, also just about squeezed a spanner in to get to the nut on the other side to stop it spinning and make sure it was tight.

Knock has disappeared, much more pleasant to drive, used to drive me up the wall!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Just changed the sump gasket so subframe went off so that's checked and it also was on previous occasions.
So yeah..