ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front engine mount cheaper than £130 pls

Clio Williams2

ok could any one explain why the front engine mount for my 16v (or williams) costs £130!!! I know that relatively few people might need them so they could be more expensive to manufacture. The other mounts costs £80 & £85 from Renault but are produced by after market companys and sold for around £30

Is it a minature whole koni suspension type setup???

Anybody know where I can get a cheaper 1?

Clio Williams2

right i cocked up, its the passengerside one theyre saying costs £130, the drivers side and the rear one are £85 and £80. (Still had the message on ma phone they left me)

Clio Williams2

actually, just realised, that means I can probably get hold of the after market parts.... nice one!! cheers Wongy:D

ur right

the one on battery side is 50

rear one is about 35

gearbox one about 60 i think

thye did not cost me a lot really i thought the prices were reasonable

Clio Williams2

This is getting far too drawn out, left it at the garage for the day and he reckons its probably not the mounts more like the gear box!! he used to have a renault 19 and says he had the same problem so i think theyll of just had a quick check over with this in mind as i didnt have to pay any money.

Hes told me to go to Renault. Ive just managed to aquire the number of a lad who works there who I used to be mates with, gonna call him after 8 and grovel...

clio williams, Ph1 172

I paid £48 for the top mount and £17 for the dogbone. never changed the other one. is loads better though/ £130 sound a bit steep, but then again I didnt buy mine from Ren.