ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front pads & Disks for 1.2

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i need some new pads and disks for my car as they came back low on the MOT has anyone got any recommendations, i dont want to spend loads as it is only a 1.2 and i dont track it or give it much stick but thought if i am buying new ones i would see if there were better than stock parts for a similar price

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If it was me mate I would just go for standard.
I wouldnt trust stuff that I hadn't heard of as far as aftermarket stuff, Brembo etc.

Standard are more than up for the job, I thought my 1.2 brakes were better than my 182 ones!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ok cheers guys, is there a cheap place to get official renault brakes as i think place like eurocarparts only do patent parts for it

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
For once I dont think Renault rip you off on parts with the brakes, might be worth a call to them first.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I got new pads and disc's from allparts, they do 2 options, i went for the more expensive ones. can't remember what they were called, deadlock's or something? And was about £56 for the pads and discs together!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i can get genuine clio 1.2 front pads for £10 lol cheap as chips i tell ya

1.2 Dynamique billabong
I got new pads and disc's from allparts, they do 2 options, i went for the more expensive ones. can't remember what they were called, deadlock's or something? And was about £56 for the pads and discs together!

have you got a link to allparts mate, as im not sure if the site i found is the right one

1.2 Dynamique billabong
got trw pads and brembo discs from GSF for around 60 quid. good job and good pads

that sounds good i think i have found the discs on GSF

R60116FBRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX' CLIO 1.2 16V/1.4 16V 99> £34.25
but do you know what type of fitment the pads are, could i fit these (greenstuff pads)

R64221AGBRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST CLIO GIRLING £36.50

I went into store to get get the parts matey. In the High Wycombe branch

ok no worries buddy, cheers for the help

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've got greenstuff pads on my 1.2 and i personally think its an improvement on the standard ones. Easy fit, done it myself (although i have a clue. I wouldn't recommend doing something so dangerous yourself if your not comfortable).

Ultra Red Clio 197
that sounds good i think i have found the discs on GSF

R60116FBRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX' CLIO 1.2 16V/1.4 16V 99> £34.25
but do you know what type of fitment the pads are, could i fit these (greenstuff pads)

R64221AGBRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST CLIO GIRLING £36.50

ok no worries buddy, cheers for the help

did you get these pads and disks? im in need of new ones so just wondered what they are like if you did.