ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers on an RT

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive got some components ready for the front of my RT. I intend to amp them soon. What I want to know is how do you get the speaker wire from the car into the door? At first I thought the black rubber pipe that runs from the car to the door could just be pulled out and the wires pushed through, but it turns out theres a plug in connector. I thought about drilling out a hole on the connector at the top, and then doing the same on the other side, only problem is that there are a lot of wires about and I dont want to damage them.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Rick

unless you can find some way of using the standard wires in the door (you will have to trace them back to wherever the x-over is and bypass that) then i reckon that drilling is your only option - if youre careful, i cant see how you would go through wires. Just rememebr to copy what the other wire cluster looks like and insulate it well, and rubber grommet the holes.

steve

Skoda Fabia vRS

id simply use the existing wire, and extend it from the footwell side of things, i very much doubt you would notice a difference from using other cable

personally if your gonna go to the trouble of amping up your speakers dont use the sh*tty car wiring, run new high quality wire. theres no point half doing a job and u will notice the difference. ive rewired the whole car so nothing runs on standard wiring

I used the existing wiring from the point of the door opening only.

Everything else is uprated. It was either that or as you say drilling a hole, but I couldnt get a drill in there unless I removed the door and that wasnt something I was about to do.

If you are patient it is quite easy to trace the wires into the car and to the relevant speaker/tweeter. I also mounted my crossovers near the footwell and made sutome mdf panels for the doors to house bigger speakers than standard.

I will post some pics on the general board

Skoda Fabia vRS

i very much doubt you would notice a difference in sound quality by using the existing wiring