ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers - Sony or Infinity

Am getting a new HU for xmas - sony MP40 which seems a good combination of looks, quality and value. did look at the pioneer thats only 129 but imo it doesnt look too good :(

anyway i want to rip out those crap front speakers from the clio and cant decide whether to get some cheaper sony 3way HOP cone 13s or a set of infinity 13s.

any opinions of either of these speakers?

i can imagine that the infinity speakers will sound better due to being better constructed but the ones i want are only 2-way where as the sony HOP is 3-way. is there that much a difference between 2 or 3 way in terms of quality?

Polo + Micra

not really the extra speakers are only tweeters so if the one tweeter can cover the full range of the other two tweeters then there wouldnt be much difference between the two

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Definitly go for the infinitys, fitted a the same pair your looking at into a mates fiesta and am well impressed by them. Much better than anything sony do IMO.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can currently get a set of JBL GT components at any Motor World mate for £50, beat that

oh an between the 2 the Infinity piss all over the Sony

youl get better SQ by getting a + and a - wire and pluggin it into a fresh dog turd than youl get from the sony!!

although must be fresh - or it will be same as sony!!!

Infinity are good - i had a set of kappa comps - were great, but never got them to fit!! lol - my brother has those coxails and there quite good - espesiallt with the pivitoble(sp) tweeter

JBL and infinity are the same company, harman ltd.

the products are pretty much the same although i think the infinities are slightly higher prices due to their higher kudos

Ad

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 23 November 2003

brun - the jbl gt speakers sound like a £50 pair of speakers
they dont mate, there pretty good, especially for £50, obviously there not amazing but for the money there very good

Id like to know where if they are only £42 as Ive blown my tweeters and was looking at paying £38 just to replace them !