ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front splitter for 182

Hi,

Has anyone used the carbon front splitter that K-TEC sell? If so, how easy is it do fit and is it well made- ie will it fall off in 6 months?

A dealer damaged mine and it seems cheaper to buy thiers buy about 40% then get a new one from Renault!

Thanks

Alex

Tell the dealer who damaged it you want a fooking new one!:mad:

leon

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Would be even cheaper if you got the dealer to pay for the damage.

K-tec Carbon splitter is a quality item that will last as long as the original if it is looked after, ie. keep away from the kerbs.
Fitting is simply a matter of drilling holes whilst lining up and then using the suppied self tappers. You will need to jack up front end if it's too low to get drill access or hang off kerb edge.

pug 106 rallye S2
does anyone have a picture of this splitter fitted to a clio? only seen pictures of it on a workshop floor...

[/quote]

Tell the dealer who damaged it you want a fooking new one!:mad:

leon[/quote]

It was a Renault dealer in London. They took the car in to do some other stuff and they offered to try to fix it as it was cracked. They bassicaly broke it into 3 peices when taking it off and just stuck it back on - it fell of a few weeks later. I have written 3 fairly strongly worded letters to their customer relations lady and the MD, and they've both said I can have it at cost price as it was damaged nwhen it was brought in. Iv'e told them its not in line with the FSI and there guidlines but i think thier mechanics have lied to them too saying it was like that before.

I am going to carry on writing about it and I will submit a claim but I need to give them 3 months otherwise I won't get costs, and seeing as it will cost me £150 to file the claim theres no point unless I follow the guidlines for a claim this small.

I'll get them for this one though because it unlawfull doing that. When the old one broke the current screws and housings have broken, for K-tec's one do I need to use these?

Thanks,

Alex

Probably not, as alot of them come with it as standard anyway and its not an aftermarket part.

meriva vxr! really ;-)
K-tec Carbon splitter is a quality item that will last as long as the original if it is looked after, ie. keep away from the kerbs.
quote]

I'd agree with that and add if you do hit a kerb a black marker carefully applied hides the scuffs from all but close attention ;-)

I'll try get a picture of it some time tomorrow for you.

I have decided to make a claim against REA Renault for the splitter as all communication has broken down and they have made a final offer.

Is there anyone on here who has made a this type of claim before, or anyone who has had problems with the REA group?

Thanks,

Alex

Mk4 .:R32
the carbon splitter is quality, but be careful. I reversed over a dip and I've messed mine up :(

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
as alan say if modded it should but you would have to be careful

The garage is refusing to supply me with a list of the work carried out on the car, saying as it was an insurance claim they don't need to. The insurance company say they don't release this info either. Anyone been through this before?

Thanks,

Alex

meriva vxr! really ;-)
finally got around to doing the pics of the carbon splitter - this was fittted directly by k-tec

Attachments

• splitter1.JPG
    splitter1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 51
  • splitter2.JPG
    splitter2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 42
  pug 106 rallye S2
nice one thanks mate..
will see how much my cambelt costs me tomorrow and hopefully order one asap! how long do they normally take to come?
thanks again!