ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front vibration noise/knock

I seem to have developed some crazy noise/vibration from my front passenger side.

Was driving down the motorway and this noise/vibration suddenly appeared.

It only does it if I'm cruising. If I accelerate or brake the noise stops. Going over bump or turning the wheel doesn't seem to make the noise any worse or better.

So I'm thinking it could be:-

A) driveshafts.
B) wheel baring.
C) something else.

Anyone any clues?

Thanks

Emma

172 cup and Saab 9-3
I'd go for a wheel bearing, drive shafts tend to start as a light knock when cornering, wheel bearings start as a drone/rumbling noise.

BG 182 FF
When my driveshaft started to go it only made the knocking noise when cornering and was like that till I got it replaced so don't think it will be that

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you drive down a wide road and sort of slalom, what happens to the noise then?

If you drive down a wide road and sort of slalom, what happens to the noise then?

It started when I was driving home from work so took it easy as it sounded like my wheel was about to fall off.

Not had a chance due to awful weather to take the car out to have a good listen.

But turning, bumps etc didn't seem to make the noise worse.

Going to take a punt on the wheel bearing and see if that cures it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
First things first, check the wheel bolts before you get back in the car!

You're too attractive to have a car crash...