ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front wheel bearings

my left front wheel occasionly makes a groaning sound on right hand bends but not all the time. usually worse when cold. on a straight its fine.

shaking the wheel it doesnt move 12-6 oclock but theres a bit of play on both sides 3-9 oclock. is this normal??

sorry ive not had the car long and im paranoid :)

I had this problem a few weeks ago and traced it to a worn inner trackrod ball joint. First I would jack up the front and see if there is play on both sides, if only one side check the trackrod outer joint for play, if thats ok undo it and pop it out with a ball joint seperater and see if there is any play in the inner ball joint by holding the trackrod and pulling and pushing it, should be no play at all.

Hope this helps

Williams 2, STi N12

The feckers always go.

Cheap to replace and try to do them in pairs if you can. Very simple job but youll need access to a press and maybe some pullers.

Yea, mine went after 45k or something I think.. I think its a common problem on our little Clios!

Daz.

As I understand it if you get play holding the wheel at 12&6 Oclock then its the bearings and if you get play at 9&3 then its steering.