ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wheels rubbing on arches... 20mm above max ride height already!

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
I have had problems with my front wheels rubbing on the arches when cornering.

I have KW's V2s currently 20mm above there max ride height. Which means it's only lowered 20mm.

Have solid top mounts with these which I guess take the ride down another few mm.

I am running 205/45 r16s but surely they aren't that different over the 195s??

Here is some photos. When I turn wheels go really close to front arches on both sides.

pysaju5y.jpg

y5y6yde9.jpg

jy8unevy.jpg

qapyzugu.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated. All I can find is rear wheel rubbing on arches.

Thanks in advance.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
Photo 2 is drivers side and 3 is passenger side at front of arch. If I turned to left then drivers side would have been just as close.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
3rd pic looks like the archliner is catching.

Could need the bumper bracket modding, pretty common.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
Thanks for the prompt responses.

I don't think it has spacers unless a previous owner put them on.

Here is a photo behind wheel arch. Is there a spacer here?

5epyvy9e.jpg

Yer unless the instructions with my coilovers are wrong about heights. It says have a 120-150mm space between top strut bolt and bottom of spring and I have 170mm.

Yer I was looking at cutting away with a dremel but didn't know you could actually modify the bracket.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
Ok thanks.... Could it be something that could change due to wear/tear.

On a different note... Look what I found in my arch...

usebu3a2.jpg

Hahahahaha