ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel economy down after repair...

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
I had a crash in my 05 1.4 16V, took off in the air a bit and damaged the front suspension and steering unit and bumper.

I've had the car fixed on insurance (non fault claim) the car now sometimes stalls when pulling up to a junction and taking it out of gear, occasionaly it stalls and all the dash lights come on then it picks itself up again! also it wont start first time now and then.

before the crash it started 100% first time all the time, I have all servicing done by Renault (on 22,200 at the moment). Looking at my on board computer my avg mpg is down to 29.1mpg even after i reset it and am driving very economicaly.

Before the crash i was getting 35+ mpg and that was with me not paying attention to how i drove. I'm using shell vpower fuel as always.

I looked on the repair report to see what the replaced and they replaced the ecu, but on the top of the form it says model 1.2 16V extreme when my car is definatly a 1.4 16V extreme. Could putting the wrong ecu in be causing this poor mpg and start/stall problems?

cheers

JR

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
yeh at T Reeve & Sons

(insurance company said i had to go through them, if i wanted to go elsewhere i would have to get an estimate then have someone sent out to look at the car etc and i needed a car for work and uni, i get a [FONT=&quot]courtesy with my insurance)
[/FONT]

182 has now gone!
My friend has his car repaired by them... Took a few weeks, but he was very happy with what they did. My cousin also had his repaired there and again very happy with the work.. Havent heard anything bad about this place at all.

Have you phoned them?

Last edited:
  clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
i'm going back tomorrow as they were waiting for the lower front spoiler on back order, i'll take it up with them then, otherwise the work done was excellent!

RS 172
T Reeves do have a really good reputation around Brighton we deal with them a lot and the people up there are generally very clued up on everything. I'm sure any problems you have they will manage to sort it!
Hope it all gets sorted for you!

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
thats what i've heard, there good. when i go there tomorrow i'll tell them that my economy is down.

but if anyone could answer if putting a 1.2 16v ecu in instead of a 1.4 16v ecu would cause poor fuel economy etc..?

cheers

john

BMW M135i
They can't have put a 1.2 16v ECU in it as they use completely different management systems. The 1.2 16v uses Magnetti Marelli 5NR management (iirc) and the 1.4 16v uses Siemens Siruis 34 management, so afaik they can't have fitted the wrong ecu.

Doesn't mean some other parts haven't done fitted incorrectly though. What model is it? A dynamique?

BMW M135i
Right, i'd just raise it with them then. Does it feel any different in other ways? Handling? Performance?

BMW M135i
You got a list of what was changed? Just trying to think what parts they could've fitted wrong that'd fit (if you get what I mean). Did it have a new exhaust?