ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel line clio to fuel rail

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ok so fitted my fuel rail but the clip that holds the fuel line onto it has broken in the process, can I get this clip on its own or will I have to get a whole new line? Also how hard is the line to fit. Its currently cable tied down after spirting fuel all over my bay... fml.

looked at getting one on my peugoet after the tubing was aged and leaking (cracked), they wanted me to buy a whole rail! so i got the tubing elsewhere, hope renault aren't as lame :) but i imagine they will be!

Lionel Richie
just replace the line, i'll check on price, there's a join by the drivers side chassis leg, so you don't have to replace the entire thing

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
just replace the line, i'll check on price, there's a join by the drivers side chassis leg, so you don't have to replace the entire thing

How hard is it to fit? Looks like abit of a mare from the top at least.

Lionel Richie
easy peasy, it helps to jack the engine up and remove the upper engine mount, would take me about 10-15min, joe average 3 days :rasp:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its currently held on with 3 cable ties, fairly solid tbh, I might get a new line fitted when I replace my upper mount at somepoint in the new year.

SQ5
I had one of these for ages Dan, You have to buy the whole line. How has it broken has the clip snapped a bit off or has it broke away from the fuel line. If its away from the fuel line, get some fuel hose, extended it a little and fix both ends?

Evo 8 MR
Doesn't the fuel pressure run at around 3bar?

I wouldn't recommend cable ties for this.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had one of these for ages Dan, You have to buy the whole line. How has it broken has the clip snapped a bit off or has it broke away from the fuel line. If its away from the fuel line, get some fuel hose, extended it a little and fix both ends?

Its just the clip holding it onto the line, the socket itself is in tact. f**king car!!! :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So.. if I need another fuel line can I move my new injectors to another line? They look fairly solid on there, how isnt the clip available on its own!?!

Lionel Richie
the clip that joins to the fuel rail at 90degrees with 2 O rings? Its heat shrunk/moulded into the end of the hard plastic fuel line

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ye thats the part that flew out when I tried to start it earlier and pissed fuel everywhere, some is still boiling on my lower inlet :/ I just need another clip as the outta lower plastic ring has partly snapped :( But doesnt sound like you can change it, gunna have to be another thing then

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im gunna get a pic, I can't explain myself properly :(

Its the large plastic ring around the bottom of the plug thats missing/broken which seems to hold ti little clips at the bottom which hold the plug into the rail.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
where abouts are you in Suffolk, far to Colchester? Colchester Fuel Injection can supply pretty much anything like this. friends have used them in the past for odd bits and one offs and they've always helped.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
where abouts are you in Suffolk, far to Colchester? Colchester Fuel Injection can supply pretty much anything like this. friends have used them in the past for odd bits and one offs and they've always helped.

About a 30 minute fuel filled drive away, you might be a life saver Dave!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ok pics as s**t as they are:

The current cable tie setup:
IMG00429-20101206-1735Large.gif

IMG00427-20101206-1734Large.gif

Ties removed trying to show the broken clips:
IMG00431-20101206-1743Large.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Guys which pipe is it? Renault are saying number 12 but it doesn't look right to me?! It looks more like 8 that he has crossed off but apparently its not for my car so he can't order it...

DP-700584.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
hes ordered 12, the circled one, is this correct for a ph2? Its what Renaults system is telling him.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
should be fine

"should" :(

Ive ordered it, got bent over though £37 inc vat for a bit of a mounded plastic pipe, fml. Im leaving the car with a place all next week to sort the de-cat MOT, this pipe and fit my matched inlets that have sat on my garage for 4 months+! :D

182 FF, 306 Rallye
Bump!

Evening all....So one of the o-rings on the 90deg connector going into my fuel rail has perished....

Does anyone know what size/ type I could use to replace it? And where I could source such part?

There are two o rings, a lower black coloured one (damaged) and a blue one above it (ok) The plastic connector the o-rings slide onto itself is ok.

It decided to burst off the rail this evening after I fitted new injectors last week. Cue petrol all over engine bay. Didn't notice the o-ring was damaged at the time.

KTEC sell the aftermarket connector and o-rings as a whole for £5 plus delivery so £10 all in. But Im worried how the connector will fit into the existing plastic feed pipe as it appears to be heat shrunk in place? Plus if I can buy a couple of o-rings it should be cheaper!

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Gwyn

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Bump!

Evening all....So one of the o-rings on the 90deg connector going into my fuel rail has perished....

Does anyone know what size/ type I could use to replace it? And where I could source such part?

There are two o rings, a lower black coloured one (damaged) and a blue one above it (ok) The plastic connector the o-rings slide onto itself is ok.

It decided to burst off the rail this evening after I fitted new injectors last week. Cue petrol all over engine bay. Didn't notice the o-ring was damaged at the time.

KTEC sell the aftermarket connector and o-rings as a whole for £5 plus delivery so £10 all in. But Im worried how the connector will fit into the existing plastic feed pipe as it appears to be heat shrunk in place? Plus if I can buy a couple of o-rings it should be cheaper!

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Gwyn
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/o-rings-on-fuel-connector.789567/

197was/second 182is
hi! where you get fuel line from? mine just get too close to alternator belt and get damaged... how to take it of from fuel rail? Thanks

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
I cutted off from the fuel line the fuel line connector in case someone has questions related to it. Video about the connector

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
Cool video, thanks for that.

There is another solution and the part is available to buy
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4022&appid=2
Yeah that was my first option but shipping costs to Finland are 38£ which pretty much ruled out that option. Now what I am wondering is that how to re-attach the fuel line to connector since the Renault default fuel line seems to be some sort of harder plactic (yellow) pipe inside and softer outside (black rubber). Stock fitting has been done propably by melting the pipe to connector to make it sealed. Any advice for me :smile:?

Last edited: