ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel pump ring won’t go back on

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I removed my fuel sender to modify for a fuel return. The old ring wouldn’t come off so I smashed it. Bought an eBay special to replace it which wouldn’t go on properly. I’ve now got a genuine Renault one and it won’t go back on. It keeps trying to cross thread. Is there a knack to it and I’m missing something obvious or are there different threads and I’ve managed to get the wrong one twice?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Nope you’re not missing anything, they are a pain to fit back.
Use plenty of wd40 and a light touch. It will go eventually.
Look carefully at the threads too. If it has cross threaded once already you may need to massage the threads back in line. They’re only plastic as you know so damage easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well I’m pleased it’s not just me then. I’ve managed to get it on reasonably well and then hammered a couple of plastic shims under it and that’s sealed it for now.

I think I’ll have to take it off again, check all the threads and just keep trying and see if it’ll go on properly.

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
I'm having the same problem :mad:
I've fitted a PH1 1.6 unit with an uprated pump (i did clean it first) The dimensions are all the same but it's just wont line up.
It all works fine just smells of petrol. Giving it another go Saturday, so let you know how it goes (y)

Attachments

• s-l1503.jpg
    s-l1503.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 37

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
When I start the arrow is about 90deg before the tank arrow, and finally stops maybe 20deg before they line up.