ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel tank and pipes

I need to build a new filler pipe that will go into the boot and down through the floor and remove the reserve tank. This is for my williams as at the minute itll be the first thing the 18" will catch on when the back is lowered.

Ive just been looking at how to do it though and i just need a bit of help.

Looking through the haynes manual at the 16v i can see a auxilary pump for the reserve tank but cant see one on mine, how does it tranfer the petrol without this?

Also at the top of the tank there is a pipe that comes out then goes back into the tank, and another one comes back out of the tank. (if that makes sense) and is then connected to the filler pipe. what does this pipe do as i thought the breather was at the back of the tank?

Finally the pipe for the emission control valve thing goes right to the top of the filler pipe. What should i do with this pipe when making a new filler pipe? Does it have to be connected to the tank? as i understand it this is not just a breather.

Sorry for all the questions but im a bit lost, im used to just working with a in, out, filler and breather.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

from what i remember your filler neck goes to the reserve tank and then a large pipe goes from the reserve to the main tank. you have a small pump on the reserve tank with a pipe from this going to the main tank. i thought the breather pipe was on the main tank. the smaller filler neck pipe is used to shut valves in the filler neck using pressure. the valve shuts when full so clicks off the petrol pump when filling up with petrol. maybe somebody for whatever reason has removed the small transfer pump from your reserve tank and thats why you have these spare pipes that appear to do nothing.

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

I have 19" rims on my clio and lowered 80mm at back and I have not moved the fuel filling pipes, and they dont rub