ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full iphone connection?

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Is there a way to connect the iphone to the clio and get full functionality from it? Ideally I want it to:

Retain the steering wheel controls
Be able to access the music
Use a navigation app from the phone, with nav audio back through the speakers
Make and receive calls
Charge the phone

Not too much to ask is it :quiet: I'm thinking a telemute kit and denison/tunepoint/connects2 would work for the audio and calls, but has anyone got experience of the whole lot?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
you can do most of that, except the steering controls using an iphone tomtom holder, and connects two box depending on if you have update list or tuner list.

My set up is as follows:

Update list stereo
Connects2 cd changer to 3.mm input
inline phono noise suppressor
tomtom car kit

Vauxhall Frontera
what nav package are you using on your phone? are you willing to get a new head unit or are you aiming to keep the factory fit? have you got an update list stereo or tuner list?

Monaro VXR
This might be of more use to you. Not the cheapest solution but Citroen and Pug use pretty much this exact system as their OEM iPOD link. Just they offer it with 3.5mm jack and bluetooth as well.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Dension_Gateway_Lite_iPod_Car_Adapter_for_Renault

Add a brodit clip and ipod mount and you have a nice simple install.

Then just need a bluetooth upgrade of somekind. Just looked and doesn't look like they do it for Renaults with the iPod link integrated. Only do it for the VAG cars, BMW and the Citroens and Pugs. Bit of a shame really. As load of the C4 guys use that one and it does everything.

Last edited:
  182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Dave - I looked at the TomTom before, but it looked like the audio came out of the speaker in their cradle? Does the Connects 2 sort that? And are all functions lost on the steering wheel? Does retain any of the dash display?

Simon - so far only used skobbler and google maps. Would plan to upgrade to something else, but open to suggestions (TomTom is still £60 for Europe?!) Would far prefer to retain the standard unit, had enough of the days of popping the facia panel out! Not sure on the stereo, not collecting the car till Fri! I do have an Alpine 7876RB in the loft, the CD won't eject, but other than that it works fine and has AI-NET control? Is there an RCA out ont he standard stereo too? If not, I might need to use the Alpine for it's RCA's..

Wozzaa - So does that kit retain the stalk and do everything other than the telephone function? That's not too hard to rectify with a telemute kit and something like Sony Ericsson's HCB kit

I used to have a flip out Alpine with all the Nav etc fitted to the Megane. That with the bluetooth worked a treat, but took forever to fit, was a nightmare to hide all the boxes and wires!

Monaro VXR
Yes mate, should work fine with the steering controls etc. Uses the dock connector so allows full functionality.

As you said will just need something for the telephone part of it. Maybe something like a parrot kit or similar to sort that bit out if you want a bit more integration.

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
I think we have a winner then :) Denison Gateway lite, brodit clip to mount the Denison dock to (correct?), a bluetooth connection. What's the ipod mount for?

Monaro VXR
I didn't realise the mount came with it. So no need for one. Not even sure you will need the brodit mount. Might include something similar with the kit since they ask for the year etc.

So just order the Denison first then if you need the clip order it later. Saves you wasting money incase they give you something similar with the kit.

Little different with the Citroen kits. Normally just supplied as the box with the cables no mounts etc.

Clio GT 1.6
Bluetooth works fine for me in my Clio GT, tomtom from iphone is through speakers and automatically turns down any songs in the background.
Also still have steering wheel controls.

Clio 182
Is there a way to just simply plug the iphone into the car, whilst maintaining the original stereo?

Not for the phone function simply for the music

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
That's a simple one mate connects 2, denison, and a few other people make a lead that plugs in the back of ur standard stereo where the cd changer plug would go. How much functionality determines the price.