ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Miltek Exhaust

Im dying to get a full Miltek inc a hi-flow sports cat under there. I dont dare decat my car tbh.

Miltek says it requires a stage 2 remap.

Noob question alert

What does this mean? Is it not as simple as just buying an RStuner?...

M2 Comp
You won't need a remap mate.

BTW - the 182 already has a 200 cell sports cat as standard, so not sure what gains you'll see from the Milltek Sports Cat (if any!)

320d
Get a Scorpion SRN019. I love mine its brilliant. It's nice and loud when booting it, yet doesn't drone on the motorway. Even decatted.

You won't need a remap mate.

BTW - the 182 already has a 200 cell sports cat as standard, so not sure what gains you'll see from the Milltek Sports Cat (if any!)

Really? So glad i joined this forum! :)

As for you Brett, it doesnt drive you nuts thats great. I only wanted Miltek for the sound

I see, my current one only has 1 back box and i've no idea what it is however my centre box has a nasty rattle inside so guessing its collapsing.

That Scorpion sounds nice.

ph1 172
For very similar money you can have the BTM system that is TIG constructed and an all round better sounding, performing and quality exhaust than both of the suggested. I have had a Milltek before, it cracked. I now have the BTM exhaust and it's spot on. I have left my cat in albeit modified and the sound is just right. A very worthy consideration IMO

M2 Comp
Really? So glad i joined this forum! :)

As for you Brett, it doesnt drive you nuts thats great. I only wanted Miltek for the sound

Milltek with the cat is perfect in my opinion. It's as quiet as a standard car when you want it to be, but when you put your foot down it has a nice sporty tone. Love mine!

Lots of people have had problems with the quality of them, mine has been fine and it's a few years old now. Milltek do offer a lifetime warranty though.

I've got a milltek with decat. It's only 2-3db louder than with the sports cat.

I love my system. I think it sounds the dogs danglies!!

You won't need a remap for the sports cat though. And just for reference their cat is 100cel.

Still got my one a home in my room.

FF RB 182
I have a full miltek system on my Fiesta and i love it, want one for my clio as i don't like the k-tec. Its just stumping up the £400 for it though.

Got to wait until Monday now. However I'm in between Miltek and Scorpion now, both sound nice and ive decided to get the decat ;)

PROVIDING the cat is easy to place back onto the car for MOT can somebody tell me about that?

FF RB 182
Wish they had a warranty for ripping your miltek off on speedbumps! lol

248995_2051493362866_458243_n.jpg

RB 182 FF cup pack
Got a miltek fitted with standard cat, 3 years on no issues! As above not too loud when driving normally, hit 5k onwards and it sounds pretty sweet.

Can somebody answer my other question? About decatting....Is it easy / time consuming for the cat to be placed back on in order to pass an MOT? As ive yet to find a good place to overlook this matter.

Can somebody answer my other question? About decatting....Is it easy / time consuming for the cat to be placed back on in order to pass an MOT? As ive yet to find a good place to overlook this matter.
No, unless you use the sleeved Milltek decat which is a bit more fiddly. You don't have to use that though - I used the adaptor and ran with a Scorpion decat for a bit which was really easy to change.

By the sounds of it you aren't the most confident when it comes to mechanical things (no offence) So that would be an idea, yes. On the other hand it's easy, find a guide on here and get stuck in. You'll appreciate it more if you've done it yourself.

M2 Comp
Im a little in the dark here, ive never done this sort of thing so would it take a garage long to switch over? That would be my plan.

Won't take them long at all.

It's a ten minute job once the cars in the air I'd say.

I changed my cat to decat in about 30 minutes. It was the first time I had ever done one too. The hardest part was pulling the centre section down enough to slip the end of the decat inside.

I paid £482 for mine fitted. That was with two brand new exhaust hangers though.

£533 here with a decat included. But you'd have to fit it yourself or pay someone.

Ok final quote is £533 for me but thats FITTED ;)

However ive found a place to buy the Scorpion + Decat on its own i think that would be a cheaper option.

Also rang Scorpion direct as i live round the corner.. They gave me £488 on its own :(

Does anybody know where i can get this any cheaper?

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Which scorpian are you looking at ?
The RS192 - i asked for they said they can't supply it i would have to go via YB
I had a trip over to ripley to look the other day as i have the SRN019 on mine.
The centre box is the same on both the SRN019 and the RS192, its only the back box that is different.
Also tempted by the miltek as they are over in derby too on pride park.
So both firms are local