ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fully run in 182?

Nothing at the mo :(
Just wondering when there ment to be fully run in

Mines on 19k milege now and just a bit curious as i have seen a few posts about people saying there cars feel faster the more miles its gets :S

E92 M3
when my dad got his they said not the rev it until 1000 miles and not to expect full power until 1500 miles

but thats from reno what do they know lol

Monaco RS Clio 172
well I have heard the opposite, scott.

it is common on here to hear people say rev the tits off them as you run them in even from brand new zero mile status.. engines treated this way and yet still looked after and serviced/oil changed regularly end up producing more power later on in their lives.

also it is common knowledge on here (from what I have read) that clio sports do not come properly alive until they are mid 40,000 - 50,000 ish. try to open it up frequently, do not baby it, this also reduces their output.

mine felt tight and restricted when I bought it, I too babied it for 2 months, but after that, it was revved alot harder when I was 'pushing on' so to speak, right up to 7k, and while this to me seemed like abusing it, it put 1) a bigger smile on my face; and 2) now it does not feel even close to how restricted it was when I bought it. :)

mine is now on 58k though however :)

E92 M3
see i dont realy know never had one my self only driven one a few times and dad only kept it until it had 18000 miles on the car. his got thrashed all the times after 1000 miles as it was a second car. this seemed to beat alot ov 172 and 106 gti ect and was standard

Monaco RS Clio 172
the problem with renault and 1*2s in geneal is, they all come out and vary so radically

one may come out and produce 165 bhp, another on the exact same mileage, service level and age may produce 150.

they are so inconsistent it is unreal :)

french FTW lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No two cars are built the same, to say an engine thats had its hole kicked from the day it rolled off the production line makes more power doesnt make much sense to me tbh.

Last edited: